Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Rio Grande Valley Winter Season Safety

I have lived in Mission now for three years and can truthfully tell my Montana owner friends, THERE IS NO ISSUES IN THE VALLEY.

I know old Turbo posted in July that he heard there was trouble in the Valley. I CAN SAY FOR SURE... THERE ARE NO ISSUES DOWN HERE, and I live one mile from the Rio Grande on Bentsen Palm Dr. in the Green Gate Grove Community There are a lot of Montana Owners that stay in several communities on this street.

Please don't let rumors shape your winter plan's, since the influx of illegals coming across a few months ago, that has slowed, and besides those illegals have been allowed to head north.

We now have Texas Highway Patrol, Border Patrol and Army Reserves down here since the influx so you might say we have protection on every corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However there IS NOT AND I REPEAT """IS NOT"""" and increase of any crime on or near the MC ALLEN/ MISSION AREA!

I don't post much any more on is forum, since I did sell my Montana and purchased a nice little two bedroom home down here but I did feel
I owed it to this forum to get the correct information out to my Montana Friends. OZZ - MUDCHIEF I SAID Hi

NO SNOW AND FUN AWAIT YOUR ARRIVAL

Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Thanks for the info. This will be our last winter in Florida and are looking for new winter homes. Sounds like it's worth a try.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160

Hemlockusa

We agree with you on safety, we are in Mission West RV Park and enjoying it, for the Winter.
We still also go to Progreso MX. and have a good time.

Old 10-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hi Buddy, glad you kids are doing well. I know you keep your ear to the ground, and would know.
Take care and stay well.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #5
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
I think I'd rather go to Nuevo Progresso than N. St. Louis county
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Thanks, too much attention is being paid to the media hype and not near enough to other parts of the country where there are real problems and help is needed. And in those places, immigrants have little or nothing to do with the gangs and the problems.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote