Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2004, 02:07 PM   #21
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
To get a picture into your signature place the url of the image between
[ img]image url here[ /img]

Remove the spaces after the [

[img] http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webi...rkey_waves.gif [/img]

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:56 PM   #22
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Melissa and Mike S

Anyone know of a free website that will host photos that you can actually link to? I know they are out there and I've used them before but I can't remember which ones. I know Geocities, Angelfire and others won't.
I use dot photo. All you have to do is register. You can then link to moc. Just look under my sig and follow the link to my photos
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:33 PM   #23
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Melissa and Mike S

Anyone know of a free website that will host photos that you can actually link to?
Melissa,

Here's the one I use http://www.webshots.com/ and the best part, IT'S FREE
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:04 PM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Tbhd, if you forget the [ img] and [ /img] (without the space that's there so it will show up here) tags, then click on "Reply to Topic" instead of using the reply box at the bottom. In the resulting box there will be an icon for inserting an image or picture. Click that and it puts those tags in there for you. Then just type or paste the url between them. Also, if you want to center the picture, the tags are [ center] and [ /center] without the space. There's also an icon for that.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:20 PM   #25
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Steve,
I posted this on another post. When I was having major problems a couple of weeks ago, I found out you can have spy cookies also and they don't delete when you "Delete all cookies". You need a spy program that checks cookies also. I use Spyware Begone.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 05:19 AM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Parrothead, Sue, and anyone I missed. I finally have rid my system of BargainBuddy and BkdSpace although I had to do it myself, manually. AdAware and McAfee AntiSpyware do remove them but they came back each time I booted the system. I posted on McAfee's support site about this but didn't get much help there. They were at a loss.

For those who may have something similar or want to check for this --- I have XP Home but it should be similar for other windows versions. I started the windows app that shows the services that are running. On mine it's on the start menu - Start/Administrative Tools/Services. Maybe be in the Control Panel on some or in another location on the start menu. This shows what services are running. There I found one listed as "unknown". It's name was ISEXEng. Doubleclick on it's name and it opens the Properties dialog. There it showed the executable that starts that service is c:\windows\system32\angelex.exe. Did a Google search on ISEXEng and angelex.exe and found they are part of bargainbuddy, which I was trying to get rid of. This service is not caught by the anti-adware/spyware apps I tried. So, in the service window I selected to disable that service. Then I went to the system32 folder and deleted angelex.exe. Rebooted and voila', it's gone! that was yesterday. Started up this morning, still gone.

If it won't let you delete angelex.exe, open task manager by either ctrl-alt-delete or rightclick on the task bar and select task manager. If you see BargainBuddy or Bullseye or ISEXEng in there, click on them and click the end process button. Now try to delete angelex.exe again.

I also went into the registry and searched for those. I was able to delete some of the references but there were a couple I was not able to delete. Nevermatter, the service is no longer on my system so won't start up.

Hope this helps someone. If you get far more popups than you think you should, you might look in the task manager to see if any of the above are running. Also, if you have a puppy in the tray by the clock, that's the CashBack worm that's also related to this, I think.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:03 AM   #27
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Boy this is good stuff to know, But I am at a loss as how to get the cute animations to show up and not the url it's self. I went and downloaded the animations to a folder in my favorites then copied the url and put it under my name and stuff I put the right symbols
at the front and at the end and I only got the url and no picture. can anyone help?????

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:10 AM   #28
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
testing

[ img]http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webimages/thanksgiving/images/turkeys/th-turkeyfootball.gif[ /img]
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:13 AM   #29
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
testing again and hope to do it right

Old 11-04-2004, 11:14 AM   #30
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
testing #3
Old 11-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #31
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Sorry everyone about all the testing. I thought I was on the "Practice" thread.

THANK YOU Steve and Glen for helping me out. Glad to hear Steve you have your computer back working and sure wish you didn't have to go through that.

Sharon
Old 11-04-2004, 12:31 PM   #32
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Looks like you all got them working. PrariePoodle, I see a turkey in yours so you got it working, too. The key is to use the img tags not the url tags. [ img] before and [ /img] after. Remove the spaces, they are here so the tag will show.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:49 AM   #33
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I just wanted to say be careful when you guys are linking to other people's pictures like that. If you don't copy and save them to your own website and link to them off of that you are stealing the creators bandwith and could be in a lot of trouble. Just beware and be careful.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 03:52 AM   #34
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Thanks Steve for the info and good luck with your computer. Geocities is a free site but you can't link your pictures to another site thru them. I wanted a place where I could upload pics and then have them in my sig here but they won't let you do that there. Thanks though.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Mel, check www.geocities.com . I'm not sure if they still have free space and if you can link to it in free space. Mine is a premium account so I'm not sure about the free part.

My laptop is a Sony with XP Home. I could restore it to an earlier time but that's just for system files. I don't think it would eliminate applications. I could just reload it from the recovery cd's but then I'd have to reinstall and rebuild everything I've added. I'm reluctant to do that if I don't have to. Plus I'm just stubborn enough that I'm going to find a way to beat this thing. I posted a message on MacAfee's forum about this. They produce the antispyware software I bought. Thanks for the suggestion anyhow.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:57 AM   #35
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
So what you guys are saying is you can't add the link to your signature and have it come up each time. I was wondering about that because my tags are just showing the tag and not the pictures. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:07 PM   #36
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mel, good points on the linking. Mine are all on my paid-for website.

My geocities allows me to link to them but maybe that's because I have the premium paid site rather than the free site.

Just put a picture in my signature to see if it works. It works when I click the Preview Reply button. I'll leave it here a day and then take it out.

Old 11-05-2004, 01:08 PM   #37
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
It worked and I took it out. It's a big picture. Used the same center and img tags as for pictures in the text part of the post.

Check your tags. Make sure the trailing tag has the / in it. No spaces within the brackets.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:44 PM   #38
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Melissa,
did you see the post on the "Webshots" link???? Free posting of pic's~~
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 04:38 AM   #39
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Thanks Sue, yes I did and have yet to check it out. If you are linking you can't use Picture trail for more than 9 days for free... they really know how to get you!! If I could figure out how to use my ISP I would use them, when I get some free time I will have to give it a try.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Sue

Melissa,
did you see the post on the "Webshots" link???? Free posting of pic's~~
Old 11-09-2004, 11:06 AM   #40
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mel, I have PictureTrail but got the paid version so have a number of pictures linked there. It costs me twenty bucks per year is all. However, it doesn't work for animated gifs, which is why I have those on our geocities site. But PT does work well with jpg and probably some other filetypes. I need to look around the PT site some more to see if there's a way to post gifs there.