Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
For my title fee it is based upon weight. The weight is supplied by the dealer at the time of title application and it is based upon Keystone's specs of 14,300 gross weight for my trailer.

As far as taxes, the only tax I paid was Texas state sales tax on the differential between purchase price and my old trailer but I don't think you will have to pay sales tax on your unit a second time. There will probably be a $50 documentary fee for processing the title application. You might want to do a search for the Texas DOT website for further information.

There should be an 800 number for information in Austin.

The price of my trailer license is $130.68 but this will vary from county to county. I live in the greater Houston area and fees are generally higher here, but the base for trailer is $119.38.

Hope this helps.....
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote