Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2017, 11:46 PM   #1
Steve & Jane

M.O.C. #20146
Reseting shore power fixes Lo dc alarm issue

Fixed but not sure how. Our 2014 Montana took a power hit yesterday. When I got home from work the fridge alarm showed "no AC." Not good. Switched it over to propane everything worked fine. In addition I lost power to the outlets on the left side of the trailer. Checked the temp relay and had no red light. Called RV service in Portland, Ore and he told me possibly the AC element was out. (Set up appointment for next month!) Today when I got home I had a "lo DC" alarm. That's not good. Long story short, while messing around trying to determine 12 VDC problem I turned off the fridge, turned off 50 amp shore power and checked 12 VDC on the outside board. It read 9.3. (this was on the black box to the left of the temp override switch on the two white wires on the right side. Not sure if that was the right place to check or not) So figuring I had an inverter problem I turned shore power back on, turned the fridge on and it worked on AC only. Also got power back to the outlets. Did resetting shore power reset something?

After this I'm researching a Progressive Industries SSP-50XL!

Steve

Steve & Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:08 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
When all else fails, reboot.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:49 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
You do need an EMS. We have a progressive portable unit and it shut us down twice a few days ago when the heat index was 121. Not pleasent but it did allow power again when the voltage on the line came back up. Too many AC's in town running at the same time and too little power coming down the line. It's also saved us twice from miswired pedestals. Better to have it shut you down than to have equipment damaged.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:26 AM   #4
Lenny K
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14417
Your fridge requires DC current to operate on propane. Once your battery recharges your fridge should run on propane again.

Lenny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:45 PM   #5
Steve & Jane

M.O.C. #20146
Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
When all else fails, reboot.

Yep, LOL..just wish I knew what I rebooted!
Steve & Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:03 AM   #6
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Sounds to me you lost one leg of your 50amp service. The refrig and your inverter was on that leg. When you reset the breaker everything came up and as soon as the battery recharges you are good to go. Often times with two breakers strapped together you can not tell when one trips.

Tags
lo dc, no ac, shore power