Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #141
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich, I wont start spouting off brands of other products, but there are other companies out there building coaches of higher quality and construction that are comparable in pricing. Is that to say that those brands are not having a few issues, no it is not. However, they sure seem to be having far less trouble than what you and others have been experiencing with their new Montana's and Big Sky's as of the past year. Having owned three Montana's, I still feel they are a nice coach and Keystone does try to take care of the customer. But when I see Big Sky's pushing $109,000 MSRP's, and then read of all the issues, it makes me wonder how long the Montana will be a decent value.

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:59 AM   #142
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You are right on the lemon laws Steve. If you read it carefully and get expert legal advice it would be near impossible to get on a RV. The Montana is not built for long term use no matter what Keystone says. It is little more than a weekend and low use unit.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:05 AM   #143
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Sky

Rich, I wont start spouting off brands of other products, but there are other companies out there building coaches of higher quality and construction that are comparable in pricing. Is that to say that those brands are not having a few issues, no it is not. However, they sure seem to be having far less trouble than what you and others have been experiencing with their new Montana's and Big Sky's as of the past year. Having owned three Montana's, I still feel they are a nice coach and Keystone does try to take care of the customer. But when I see Big Sky's pushing $109,000 MSRP's, and then read of all the issues, it makes me wonder how long the Montana will be a decent value.
I hear what you are saying but we do not see better build quality when touring the factories. They look just like the Montana plant. There is a DRV here with a pool of water under the RV. Leaking tank. At another park is a Carriage Lite that the guy is afraid to move for fear something else will go wrong.
This is a industry wide issue that we agree to live with.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:40 AM   #144
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Another thing we need to remember is that on the forum we are hearing problems...only problems. For every tank failure there are thousands that are fine like mine, but I don't make a post stating, "my tanks are working fine and have not broken." I can certainly sympathize with Rich and his tank problems However, I don't know how we, or anybody, and really get a handle on these type problems that range over the entire Keystone fleet of RVs.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:57 AM   #145
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is why I asked the question here. It does not take a lot of data from a representative group to see a trend.
Example the Nielsen ratings of Tv viewers where Millions of $$$ are spent on advertising from data from a small sample of TV viewers.

We are a representative sample of Montana owners and a small sample of replies, if truthful, will show trends.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #146
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TLightning

Another thing we need to remember is that on the forum we are hearing problems...only problems. For every tank failure there are thousands that are fine like mine, but I don't make a post stating, "my tanks are working fine and have not broken." I can certainly sympathize with Rich and his tank problems However, I don't know how we, or anybody, and really get a handle on these type problems that range over the entire Keystone fleet of RVs.
You do realize you've just jinxed yourself, don't you?
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #147
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tom S.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TLightning

You do realize you've just jinxed yourself, don't you?

Didn't think about that...all my tanks will probably fall off the next time I pull out.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote