Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Thanksgiving Week Faucet Replacement

Whew,
What a week, just got back from our second all night drive and figured I would post before I pass out. Topsail Hill in Florida was fantastic. While there, I got energetic and finally replaced the kitchen faucet with a Home Depot special that has the spray and extension like the OEM one, and that made DW happy since the quick connect works in it and we now have a workable hook-up for the Vesta dishwasher. Also met a couple of MOCers, Annem and her husband (wonderful couple that had some mods we admired and will look at duplicating) and a self-described lurker while there. We enjoyed meeting you all Anne and enjoyed the conversations!! Whoops, wandering again... back to the post.... Here is a picture of the new faucet after the twenty minute install went flawlessly, now all that is left as can be seen is to have a cabinet constructed for the Vesta that will match the existing cabinetry. Am planning on purchasing a door for the end for access to the quick-connect hose and electrical cord and will include a slotted area on the top for temporary storage of the basin covers:

Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Bingo, Looks like it came that way, nice job.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
timothy
Established Member

M.O.C. #6723
Bingo, Glad you and your family made it back safe. I like your mod to the kitchen sink. Now get ready to play for a National Championship. Go Mounties!
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Nice work Bingo!

How does this do on pressure as compared to the old one?
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:03 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Have to wait until next year to get the answer on that one for you Brad, seems Topsail had a 25 psi regulator on the faucet (couldn't get it off and don't know if it was the parks or previous occupants of the site). I could not tell any noticable difference in the spray however even at reduced pressure. Will keep you updated as it unfolds. It was interesting at Home Depot, there I am with pliers trying to loosen the aerator on the display and a salesman comes up with an amazed look and those famous words "Can I help you, SIR?????". Turned out after I explained that I was not paying $200 for a faucet that I was not sure the quick-connect would work in (had it with me), that he went and got wrenches and assisted what I am sure he initially thought was some kind of wierd thief. Ha Ha! I am very happy that after eight months we finally have a working dishwasher (electric that is, DW and DD's worked fine for a while).
Bingo
Old 11-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I also am in the process of changing out faucets - went looking at Home Depot yesterday - but I am really interested in how that Vesta does. Would be great if it could be built in under the sink somehow...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:31 PM   #7
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Very nice work, love it when you can't tell anything was done...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:00 PM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I agree on the under sink installation, but will not give up any cabinet space or drawers for the installation. I think for us the matching cabinet will work since from the beginning we selected the 3400 for the counter space for the dishwasher. DW always lays those blasted sink covers on the end of the counter anyway so I figure by having a storage place atop the Vesta cabinet for them I am still gaining counter space.
Bingo
Old 11-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I fully understand your logic on the sink covers...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote