Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived - Forum Information and Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
Error on page

I'm getting "errors on page" notice when I try to preview or subscribe. I'm on Windows 7 now. Is it Win 7 or the Forum?
Sharon

footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
Montana_9856
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9856
I use W7 with IE and have no problem "subscribing" or "unsubscribing". I also tried FireFox and it didn't have a problem either.

I am not familiar with "preview". What is that?
Montana_9856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:45 AM   #3
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
Preview is when you write something, you can push that button and see what it will look like before you post. I also have just installed a new anti-virus program. Maybe I need to check that out.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #4
Montana_9856
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9856
Oh,that "Preview"!!!! That works fine also under W7 and all browsers I have.

Since both of those use pop-ups, I would look at your browser/security settings.
Montana_9856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I use W7 with no problems, and Firefox, IE, or Safari.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
I have a new laptop which came with Win 7. It also came with Norton for a number of days. When it ran out, I signed up for free AVG anti-virus. So, it looks like I need to dig into the security settings on the new anti-virus program. Thanks all.
Sharon
Old 09-27-2010, 05:42 AM   #7
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
OK, I have AVG virus program. Could you tell me what security settings I should check? I looked, but couldn't see anything that would affect my errors on page. Thanks for any help.
Sharon
Old 09-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #8
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
I had AVG Free and it did not stop the virus and bought Norton INternet Security and with help from Norton support removed the virus. Ya it cost me for the program,but it did save everything for me. Avg did not tell me untill it was too late.
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #9
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
Thanks blarkman. As it happens we were looking earlier today at various other virus programs. We have the AVG trial version which is expected to be upgraded. I think when it's due for payment or to go Free based on your experience we'll choose another one.
Sharon
Old 09-28-2010, 07:18 AM   #10
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
I found that when using AVG with McAfee or Norton, there was always a conflict even when they were both turned off when AVG was running.

To get around the problem, you have to uninstall McAfee or Norton and then AVG (free) works pretty well.....or you could just buy a Mac.

Good luck, and stay protected.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:53 AM   #11
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Good luck, and stay protected.
Well, I got out Norton Security 2010 that we installed on our desktop to read the box. Surprise, surprise, I noticed that it was for 3 pc's. For some reason when we got it for free on a promotion at Office Depot we thought it was only for one installation. So, uninstalled AVG and installed Norton. Unfortunately when I tried to preview this note, I still am getting "Error on page." I've also upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Pro. I'm in the process of downloading XP Compatibility Mode. Maybe if I run MOC Forum in XP mode the error will go away. Aren't computers fun?????
Sharon
Old 09-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #12
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Computers are a scream, oh wait, that's me screaming.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:58 AM   #13
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 8.1al

Computers are a scream, oh wait, that's me screaming.
Not one scream here since switching to a Mac 10 months ago...and BTW, I don't run any malware, spyware or virus protection. Not once have I had a blue screen, or the computer not connect to the network the very first time. Bootup takes 20 seconds, and shutdown takes 10 seconds.....can't say any of that for Alice's PC.

Last week, Alice got a new Mac for her birthday; the very first day, she was using it without any problems or help from me...just right out of the box.....she said it was so intuitive and easy.....imagine!

Quality costs just a bit more, but the missing frustration level is well worth the price.

Good luck getting your PC back in shape.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:29 AM   #14
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
I guess we'll have to look at MAC the next time around as MAC owners can't say enough good about them. In the meantime, on my new laptop, I just downloaded and installed Virtual PC/XP Mode and was able to install a 16-bit greeting card program I love. It's nice "when a plan comes together."
Sharon
Old 09-29-2010, 07:35 AM   #15
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by footloose

I guess we'll have to look at MAC the next time around as MAC owners can't say enough good about them. In the meantime, on my new laptop, I just downloaded and installed Virtual PC/XP Mode and was able to install a 16-bit greeting card program I love. It's nice "when a plan comes together."
Sharon
Sharon,
Glad to hear you are back up and running; I know how frustrating it can be to have your computer not working.

Sorry for the diatribe; I just keep hearing about windows problems, one right after another........and the customer who paid good money for the operating system and the hardware is left with a piece of junk that doesn't work....now that is expensive!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #16
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
simfsrf, you've got that right! Laptop came with Windows 7 Home, which won't run some XP and older programs. Had to spend $80 to upgrade to Professional in order to run them -- they suggest buying new software! And some of the software I love is no longer available.
Sharon
Old 09-29-2010, 07:54 AM   #17
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by footloose

simfsrf, you've got that right! Laptop came with Windows 7 Home, which won't run some XP and older programs. Had to spend $80 to upgrade to Professional in order to run them -- they suggest buying new software! And some of the software I love is no longer available.
Sharon
Apple builds the machine, the operating system and the software; they have no one else to blame for problems except themselves, unlike Microsoft who says the problem isn't their operating system; they put the blame on the machine, or the peripherals loaded......and then charge you a premium price for upgrades!...quite the scam.