Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2010, 01:56 AM   #1
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
It's the little things.....

So think back to your first 5er...go thru the orientation, etc. and think you are already to rock. Oh sure, your mind was reeling a bit with information overload, but you were confident that you'd get a handle on everything. Well, that's what we went thru yesterday...with one exception. Now, I've hauled alot of trailers before. tag trailers with backhoes, goosenecks with rodeo stock, etc. So I was quite comfortable with the orientation. Before we pulled out, we met John and Ann (H. John Kohl here). After a quick handshake, John proceeded to give me the *true* orientation...you know, "the little things" that seemed to escape the people at the rv store, the things that come from the experiences of those here. Ohhh, like the trail air pin box that had a deflated air bag, maintenance of the landing gear, etc.,etc.

Little things...that make a BIG difference. He may be an Retired Marine, but this ex-Army would like to express his gratitude. This site has helped us in soooo many ways, but John...you were the icing on the cake.

Thanks John....from the heart.
Bill

Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:33 AM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Once again John has come through in true MOC fashion.

Congratulations on the new rig Wild Horse, she's a beauty.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Bill,
I'm not trying to start a squirting fight, (yes I am) but there is no such thing as an "ex-Marine." "Once A Marine, Always A Marine!"

From Heritage Press Interntional:

"Once a Marine, Always a Marine: This truism is now the official motto of the Marine Corps League. The origin of the statement is credited to a gung-ho Marine Corps master sergeant, Paul Woyshner. During a barroom argument he shouted, "Once a Marine, always a Marine!" MSgt. Woyshner was right. Once the title "U.S. Marine" has been earned, it is retained. There are no ex-Marines or former-Marines. There are (1) active duty Marines, (2) retired Marines, (3) reserve Marines, and (4) Marine veterans. Nonetheless, once one has earned the title, he remains a Marine for life."

So you see, it's not like, "Ain't Really Marine Yet!"

But you are right in one thing. John knows some "stuff." I've known John for over 25 years and he knows almost as much as I do.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:06 AM   #4
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
Well Waynem, for not trying to start a fight, you sure have a nice left jab. Thanks for taking me to task on that...I'll edit my post and you be sure to check it for me, eh ? I'll leave the ex-Army tho', as I didn't retire..but the term still shows me as a proud veteran. I'll also update my subscription to Heritage Press International. How 'bout my first born too?
Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:30 AM   #5
camper4
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6635
Well, I'm an Army vet. and proud of it!! American Legion member.

Support our troups always!!!
camper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:23 AM   #6
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #7
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
That John is always icing on the cake!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #8
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
and sometimes John is a piece of cake!!! ha ha
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:24 PM   #9
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
You couldn't have gotten better advice and a better "true" orientation! John is a one of a kind and if something ever comes up, he normally can tell you what is wrong or how to fix it! If he can't, he'll know of someone who can! Huh John!!
Bill, take care and hope to meet you down the road somewhere! ENJOY THAT NEW UNIT!! Keep us up to date on those mods also!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:33 AM   #10
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Bill, Count yourself lucky to have a "true orientation". All of us would have benefitted from such. You got it from one of the best. Jim
Old 04-16-2010, 05:35 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
We all love John, a good heart.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 AM   #12
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Bill,
Like I said, John and I go back over 25 years. If I'm not pickin' on him, I need someone to pick on.

Now that you done gone and edited your post, it makes mine look stupid - well, almost.

When the stuff hits the fan, all branches of the military will stand together and fight. It's a known fact. So to all service men, everywhere, thank you for serving.

Edited: See how smart John is, he's keepin' out of this.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote