Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2006, 04:28 AM   #1
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
AC Control Replacement ?

Does anyone know whether the Duo-Therm Comfort Control 5 button unit woul work on my 2005 Mountaineer TT ? This unit is digital, lighted, and works both low and high speed of the Fan. I think Dometic makes the Unit.

I replaced my Dometic AC controller (slide bar style) several months ago with a digital unit from Hunter Products. Unit works fine but I miss the low speed option and lighted dial of the Duo-Therm Confort Control that was on my previous TT.

G McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:23 AM   #2
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
You can add a toggle switch to the fan to change to low or high
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:13 AM   #3
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
yes sir I was aware of adding the toggle switch per previous posts.

However, the Duo Therm control I mentioned is lighted, has larger digital readout and does not need another switch. It does cost more than the Hunter Control I have now, but I think it would be even a nicer addition to the trailer than the Hunter Control I added. The control that came with the Mountaineer is sad at best. Just another black mark for Keystone in my book.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:08 AM   #4
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
An update on the toggle switch for fan control when adding the Hunter Digital AC Contol.
Instructions say to purchase an SPST switch to add to the control. Be sure when you purchase the switch that you don't buy the wrong one. Momentary Switch is the wrong one.
You need to buy the Snap Action push button SPST Switch.