Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2005, 03:31 AM   #1
Wagonmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3754
Water heater question?

Where in the world is the ac switch for the waterheater? I have looked all around the wh and can't find it. The paper work is no help at all. Thought I would ask around. Thanks Jack..

Wagonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 03:50 AM   #2
Ontheroad
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #551
My 2880 has one near the water heater and a separate switch in the breaker box. Don't know if yours does, but check in the breaker box.
Steve
Ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:03 AM   #3
tweir
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #572
Open the exterior hatch that covers the water heater. On the bottom left hand side, you will notice a little black rocker switch. Take the circlip pin out of the switch so it can be turned on. When we leave out, I always replace the pin just to make sure the water heater is in the off position because sometimes I bring the coach home from the storage compound and plug it in the day before we leave---don't want to burn-out the electric heating element. make sure you are hooked up to water before you turn it on (see above). If its working, you'll hear it "gurgle" kind of like an electric coffee pot.
tweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:59 AM   #4
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Once the outside access panel is removed, look at the lower left area of the heater "stuff" behind a metal pipe that loops around down there. While are out there, check out the location and function of the pressure relief valve, also located on the outside of the WH. There is a procedure for restoring the "air bubble" in the hot water line written somewhere in your Owner's Manual. Also, in that area, of just right bottom center, you will find the big hex nut which is the base of the anode rod. That rod needs to be checked and probably replaced every year or so, depending on the level of mineral content in the water and amount of use. You will need a socket or wrench which is the right size for that nut..it is larger than most.

Best,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:50 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Jack and Janet
I was wondering how Janet is feeling these days. I've had her in my thoughts and prayers and we haven't heard for a while. The big C is very prevalent in our families and we know how difficult the kemo can be (Ed sister-in-law is doing it now) as well as radiation. Please give us an update. We will continue to have her in our prayers.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote