Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2019, 02:07 PM   #1
BandG
Established Member

M.O.C. #23101
Keystone Service

We have had multiple issues with our 2018 Montana High Country 305rl. It has spent 3 days having warranty work done already at Camping World. WEnt thru the gut wrenching process of taking the coach in for diagnostics, wait for Keystone approval and return for the work to be done. (Some of the things caused or left other issues of course.)
We are now traveling and with multiple new problems. I was hoping to take our coach to Keystone to have the current issues worked on.
I phoned Keystone and was told that they do not take units in for warranty work. It has to start at an authorized dealer.

Our problems include but not limited to... speakers stopped working on stereo, LCI leveler system not working properly, air conditioner not working properly, trim falling off, kitchen faucet needs replacing (since the falling trim broke the handle off), toilet not holding water, and more.....
Any suggestions for us to go straight to Keystone? I am told that they have service at the main headquarters and the means for overnight stays with hookups.

BandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:31 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
BrendaT...It is true that the service center has a few camping site on property. We have used them more than once. I do not suggest you just show up at the service center and hope for the best.The service center is always very busy and sometimes booked for weeks in advance.

It is true the warranty work has to start at the dealer.I think what is meant is that the dealer has to certify what work needs to be done and it is under warranty. Keystone will always try to have a authorized dealer do the required work.If they determine the dealer can not do the work thay may authorize bringing it to the service center.They also have several repair facilities in the service center area that do overflow work for Keystone. Try working with the service center.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #3
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaT View Post
We have had multiple issues with our 2018 Montana High Country 305rl. It has spent 3 days having warranty work done already at Camping World. WEnt thru the gut wrenching process of taking the coach in for diagnostics, wait for Keystone approval and return for the work to be done. (Some of the things caused or left other issues of course.)
We are now traveling and with multiple new problems. I was hoping to take our coach to Keystone to have the current issues worked on.
I phoned Keystone and was told that they do not take units in for warranty work. It has to start at an authorized dealer.

Our problems include but not limited to... speakers stopped working on stereo, LCI leveler system not working properly, air conditioner not working properly, trim falling off, kitchen faucet needs replacing (since the falling trim broke the handle off), toilet not holding water, and more.....
Any suggestions for us to go straight to Keystone? I am told that they have service at the main headquarters and the means for overnight stays with hookups.
My '17 305RL toilet was not holding water - short term, we just raise the foot pedal all the way - just got a 320 Dometic delivered - reason, DW went in one time and the water was to the top of the rim, ready to flood the unit.

Have you checked your gear boxes on top of the slide - one of mine leaked (dealer/Montana did it right, but on the way home the trim feel off and broke the faucet - dealer fixed it), need to check the other two … maybe I can get the drip pans installed at the rally this year on the other two.
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
If you can, find a dealer that is not Camping World. You could call Keystone for a referral. If you check on the internet you'll find few good things said about CW and no shortage of horror stories.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:21 PM   #5
BandG
Established Member

M.O.C. #23101
The pans for the slide motors were installed by service so we know that was the problem with the trim falling off. Hubby is taking care of securing for now. Toilet is probably the seal. I'll check on local to keystone authorized service places. Thank you for the responses.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:32 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Brenda-- in respects to the toilet not holding water try this: Take an old toothbrush and turn the water off on the toilet. Take the toothbrush and open the ball flapper and run that toothbrush around the gasket so the toothbrush cleans both sides of the gasket. Just make sure you have a good grip on that toothbrush because loosing it down the toilet is not a good thing to happen. Then rinse the toothbrush off and apply some petroleum jelly to the toothbrush. Then run that toothbrush around the gasket completely adding that jelly to the edges of the gasket. Then shut the ball flapper and add water to the toilet. If it hold water you've got it fixed. If it still does not hold water you have a bad gasket and you can order a gasket kit from the dealer or on line and it is a relatively easy job to change it. You can see what to do via You Tube videos.
The speakers not working-- try taking the stereo out and see if the speaker wires have worked their way loose on the back of the stereo. Our highways and byways have a tendency to make things bounce around and loosen up.
Air conditioner not working right-- Have you checked two things the return vents going to the a/c. They have had a problem with them collapsing and the cure is cutting some 6-9" pieces of 1 1/2" PVC and putting those up into the vent to open it back up and giving the a/c a chance to breath and take in return air. Also while you have the return vent covers off remove and clean the foam filters on the back of each vent and replace them. If you go to the Search Engine at the top of the page and type in Air Conditioner problems you will find all kinds of posts about this.
Concerning the Level-ups not working properly-- Give Lippert/LCI Customer Service a call and talk to a rep there. They are some of the best Customer Service folks around and can normally diagnose and tell you how to fix the problem just over the phone.
Finally, as DQDick stated try to say away from Camping World for any repairs if possible. You can also go to the Search Engine here and type in Camping World and see all the problems folks have had with their service. There are a few good Camping World Service Departments across the US but very few.
If you can make it to the 2019 MOC Fall Rally in Goshen, IN in September, may I suggest you schedule in for that. It's a great learning experience concerning your unit and you can get some excellent help from fellow Montana owners and from the OEM suppliers also. If you are considering joining us in Goshen in September I would register ASAP because there is a limit on the number of units to be at the Rally and there are presently only 11 sites left to fill that 200 unit limit.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 01:17 PM   #7
BandG
Established Member

M.O.C. #23101
Thank you all! We are signed up for the MOC Fall Rally. Thank you Rondo for the advise!!