Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2018, 12:23 PM   #1
GoodTimes
Established Member

M.O.C. #20181
Smile TV Antenna

Well we finally got our camper back and are camping at Paul B Johnson State Park Just south of Hattiesburg, MS. So far, so good but I’m going to need to go through a few more trips before I’ll breathe a sigh of relief!
Anyway, we get here and try to get the TV set up. We are pulling 4 stations in the LR and 10 in the bedroom. This has happened to us at other campgrounds.
Shouldn’t you get the same stations on both TVs?
This is a two fold post......my husband discovers that somewhere between home and here we have lost our antenna!! Holy buckets!!! Ok so now we will have to purchase a new one. To be honest we never liked the one the camper came with. We got much better reception from the one on our old bumper pull.
Just what do all y’all have? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
We have been considering a Dish satellite but we need to make sure this camper keeps functioning properly before we spend that money!
Thanks!

Living & Loving the Adventures ❤️
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
The difference you see between bedroom and living room is due to signal loss and this is caused by poor connectors on the coax installed at the factory or poor quality splitters in the circuit. Some television brands do not have great digital tuners in them as well. I prefer samsung HD or ultra HD and Sony as brand names. The antenna I have is the one that came with the montana...a wine gard sensa unit. There might be a better antenna out there with the ability to pull in stations from greater than 40 miles, but I am not aware of one.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:49 PM   #3
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Like what jcurtis said. Regardless of which antenna you choose, cabling needs attention. You may find similar issues when using satellite connections. Plenty of posts on cabling in the forums. If you need help finding them just ask.
Montana Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #4
GoodTimes
Established Member

M.O.C. #20181
Thank you! Yes I’d appreciate it if you could direct me to the posts on cabling.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:17 PM   #5
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Good times

There is a way to make a link to other posts but I haven't learned how to do that yet. But, go to forums, montana problems, in there are topics regarding tv.
Montana Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:40 PM   #6
GoodTimes
Established Member

M.O.C. #20181
Thank you!