Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2017, 05:46 PM   #1
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
EZ Snap window shades

I want to add exterior sun shades, the mesh type. So, has anybody used or have the ez snap shade? http://ezsnapdirect.com/pricing/shade-products-pricing/

thanks kevin

swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:26 PM   #2
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Looked interesting in the part of the video that I watched. I did notice that the RV was an older style framed glass and our unit has the frame-less Windows. Maybe they would stick directly on the glass. Sounds like they would prefer to have an air gap between window and solar screen. Maybe some one will chime in with some personal experience. Keeping the Suns heat off the glass would be nice in the summer.

Tom Marty
Old 03-12-2017, 08:03 AM   #3
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
We made up one for our large rear window 3 or 4 years ago. Not only good for heat but privacy as well while allowing us to see out and restricting the ability to see inside.

We used white sew on velcro for the pieces that attach to the shade screen and then used black velcro for the pieces that need to be attached to the glass.

We are very pleased with it and have though about doing the same for our dining room window.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #4
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
I went even less expensive. Bought a couple rolls of mylar bubble insulation (the double thick version is best), cut slightly oversized to fit the windows and slip it in between the blind and the window. Isn't perfect as it's on the inside, but we can put them in or take them out easily, and all of them fit under the bed perfectly when we don't use them. Since we've a rear entertainment center, we keep the one for that window there all the time. Much, MUCH easier to watch the tv that way.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:16 AM   #5
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
I have been doing the silver mylar stuff on the inside but getting tired of blocking all the light.I have the pull down mesh shade on the big back window and like it a lot.

kevin
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:35 AM   #6
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
Where is a good place to buy the silver mylar stuff? How wide are the rolls? Or can you connect them with tape?
Old 03-22-2017, 03:14 PM   #7
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Sold at lowes, home depot. Can't remember what they had for sizes. You can tape it together with gorilla tape.
jcurtis934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:25 PM   #8
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
I found the double thick stuff on Amazon. Started with some from Lowe's, but the Amazon stuff is better. I taped what was needed with packing tape (wide transparent tape) and that worked fine.