Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
Splendide install

I received my 2100XC today and did some measuring and noticed that the cabinet it goes into is not square. It measures 22" deep on the left and 27" deep on the right.

Has anyone else had this issue? and what did you do.

It looks like I could kick the back panel out and have plenty more room.

And the vent comes out on hte left side of the washer too, so there is no room for the vent hose either.

Just wondering what you did....

oldelmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
I helped a friend install a Splendid in his Montana and we had the same issues. We considered a lot of options and finally cut the left side of the cabinet back out and by doing that, we had enough room to get the washer in and also provided a area for the vent to be installed. I don't understand why the factory is placing the washer hook up in the back of the cabinet when there is plenty of room on the right side. Our 2008 has the hook up on the right and has never been a problem having it there.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
That's odd, our 3665RE is also a 2010 and the hookups are on the right side of the front cabinet.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
I am the one that Don helped...(Thanks again Don!!!) It is really tight. We cut out the back of the panel for the vent pipe on the left side and went down into the drawer area below (had to lose the drawer). They make a 90 degree elbow that I think might have worked better but the dealer I bought the washer from said he couldn't get them in time. Here is the link: http://www.splendide.com/accessories.htm

Also, I used 2- 90 degree brass hose connections for the supply lines to give me a little more room. They helped a bunch as the hoses were stressed and smashed into the washer without them. I was afraid that movement while traveling would wear the hoses and cause problems.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
My water & sewer hookups are on the right hand side too, but I will replace the valves with ones that the hoses will connect at the top.

Its just that the back panel is in the way of the vent tube.

Don & Ken, did you just cut enough of the back panel out to make the Splendide fit? or did you just remove the entire back panel?
Old 12-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
subra1228
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10766
This exact issue came up when we had our Splendid installed - did exactly what you said - cut through the back wall. There was enough room for the hose as is, perhaps it will fit once you cut the hole.
subra1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
We just cut enough on the left side to make it fit. We trimmed some of the plumbing enclosure too. We decided not to remove the whole panel as the front cap was interfering as well. Also we wanted to keep enough of the panel to support the plumbing. We did think about moving the plumbing to the right wall (as it is in some models) but decided against it.

Ken
Old 12-12-2012, 06:29 AM   #8
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
Did you use the water hoses that came with the washer?

And if so, which side did you put the 90 degree angle on? the washer side or the supply side?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #9
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Yes,
I put the 90 from the hose on the washer. I purchased two 90's for the supply side and attached the hoses to them. I looked for hoses with 90's on each end but couldn't find them.

Ken
Old 12-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #10
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
When I helped Bill and Cindy install their washer, we could not get the 90degree end on so it wouldnt leak. We ended up just getting new straight end hoses from Lowes and using them.

So I went out and thought, I'm going to get the 90 degree side on the supply valve one way or another. Put the pliers on them and thought, well, they will tighten up or break.

They tightened up, so we'll see if they leak.

I did order this from Amazon:

http://cdn.rvplus.com/images/thumbna...954f874523.jpg
Old 12-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #11
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
Bill and Cindy came over yesterday and we installed the washer/dryer combo. We had to cut the back of the cabinet completely out, which was no big deal. Measured about 10 times as to where we thought the vent hole should go. I tried to talk Bill into drilling the hole, but he was TO CHICKEN!!! LOL. So I whacked the 4" hole into the side for the vent. Of course, we needed a 4.25" hole, not a 4", so had to sand the opening bigger. Everything went well, except the dryer vent hose gave us a hassle cause it was a semi ridged metal, not the coil wire covered with foil.

No leaks at all!!!! Thank goodness.....

So, I am going to cut the side panel out of the cabinet into the closet so I can reach inside behind the washer and see whats it looks like. I have the whole back of the cabinet panel to cover the hole back up with.

Bill and Cindy, thanks again for all your help, couldn't have done it without you both!!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #12
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
I really think you guys could work camp and put in "Splendides"! LOL never mind I think you both would come out of retirement and go back to work full time! The first time you use it you will not think about all the hard work. It sure is not a quick connect. We are going to put the trap door in our closet also. Totally enjoyed the day and glad all finally went well.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote