Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Wheels and tires

I know I went through a living hell with my Mission tires, the side bubbles, the tire blowing apart wiping out my brake wiring, then them sending 4 tires...all the wrong size to my campground in Boerne Texas. Had to send them back, wait for 4 new tires, then when they came I had to pull one at a time, take them and get them changed. Never did get my tire changing reimbursement refund.

Now wheels. Many have had broken spokes,some were sent new wheels as I understand, do they match the other 3 wheels?
Then the stickers.
Many were handed out stickers upgrading the capacity of our wheels from 80# max to 110# max. Based on that new information, many of our members went out and spent a considerable amount of money on tires with a 100# inflation. Now we find out that the wheels on our older Keystone products have been re-tested and re-rated back to 80#.
I want to know....now what?
I need new tires, many have voiced that they are ready to buy.
Do we have to buy new wheels if we upgrade in pressures, many are going to LT tires. It seems so, or stay with a crap tire and choose what we had from the factory.
Many have calls in to Tredit with a promise from Jennifer to have 'someone' get back to us. I carried my cell phone all day yesterday, no call.
Jennifer I understand you joined the Forum yesterday, welcome and glad to have you with us here.
Can you help us? Will you help us?

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Jennifer,
Welcome to the forum.
This issue is of great concern to many of us. We all want to be safe on the road and we need reliable and truthful answers to our questions. Please have someone address this problem as soon as possible.
Thank you,
Jim Fischer
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:27 AM   #3
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
Just looked at my wheels...No cracked spokes yet....I upgraded to G614's last year. I have about 5,000 miles on them. We left Mission, TX in Dec & headed for central FL. Yes, I took the dreaded I-10 to FL. As bad as that highway is, it would have damaged the wheels you think. I carry 110# in all tires. Mine have the stickers on them from the factory.
It's just something else to worry about, along with the U bolts, pin box failure, suspension problems & what else?

It's a shame what we pay for these units & have to worry about these things. Maybe I should stay off the forum & just drive.............

Roy
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:40 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
The bigger picture for the Tredit issue is with all the families looking for an RV, and the availability to research everything under the Sun, people read about problems we have.
When a person is buying an RV, the dealer will be questioned about what is on the Trailer, the buyer may very well ask for an upgrade to better tires, wheels. This will probably lessen the net profit of the dealer. This trickle-up will have consequences on Keystone.
If a buyer can get better tires and wheels from another manufacturer, that may sway them over.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:08 AM   #5
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
The bad part about all of this, can you believe what answers their going to come up with. Look at Ozz first post, it sure looks like they don't have a clue as to what their products can and can't do. Then to top it off lack of good CS. As said before thousands of people can see this, and so far Tredit is striking out. IMHO.

kevin
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:13 AM   #6
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I remember when this issue first came up. A couple of us questioned the certification process then. You just don't design something for 80PSI and suddenly a sticker makes it good for 110PSI. Another Chinese nightmare I suppose. Thankfully I have steel wheels.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:22 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I just wrote Mark Krol, he asked me to clarify the issues, so maybe we will learn something.