Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2009, 06:57 AM   #1
azleflyer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9140
Texas Coast

I am planning a trip for either Corpus Christi or Port Aransas. I am familiar with the areas but have never stayed in any of the RV parks or campgrounds. Would really like to stay as close to the water as possible. Any suggestions as to a good park or campground (or, where not to stay) would be greatly appreciated.

azleflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by azleflyer

I am planning a trip for either Corpus Christi or Port Aransas. I am familiar with the areas but have never stayed in any of the RV parks or campgrounds. Would really like to stay as close to the water as possible. Any suggestions as to a good park or campground (or, where not to stay) would be greatly appreciated.
When you say water, do you prefer beach or bay? On Mustang Island, Pioneer is probably as close to the beach as it gets with full hookups. If you want just electric and water, try this; http://nuecesbeachparks.com/, or Mustang Island State Park on the Corpus end of the island.

If you want to fish, you might try the park we are in;ICW RV Park in Aransas Pass. If a short visit, you might be able to rent a spot where you can back right up to the water, and fish behind your RV. Most of the long term rentals on the water are taken up. We don't have a beach here though.

BTW, we're about 8 miles from the ferry over to Port A.

Forgot about this one: http://www.gulfrv.com/ Upscale park from what I know.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #3
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
We stayed at Pioneer RV Park outside of Port A in April for an Escapee Rally. It was first class and really great for walking to the beach. The Port A Trolley even makes a stop although we did not use it. For great seafood in Port A don't miss Beach Street Grill and Seafood. As you might guess it is on Beach Street that leads down to the pier. It is small in a yellow building but the food is all FIRST CLASS! Can't wait to get back down there. If you want to go out on Corpus Christi Bay for up close and personal time with dolphins--contact Dolphin Connection in Ingleside.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:31 AM   #4
azleflyer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9140
Thank you SlickWillie for the info. I prefer the bay for fishing but the DW likes the beach, so... we will probably go for the beach. We have been to Rockport and Port Aransas several times before without the RV, so I am sure I can still find some good fishing. Thank you to timandsusan for the info on the Beach Street Grill and Seafood restaurant. We will be sure to stop by for some good food!
azleflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:06 AM   #5
tjuhl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7213
Another vote for Pioneer RV park. Close to town. We got a premimum site but would just get a standard site next time and save a few $$
tjuhl is offline   Reply With Quote