Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Mid-Atlantic-Virginia Region
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Virginia Region Rally

I know Glen said whoever posted here first would have to be the next wagon master but that's now why I'm posting. I would like to see how many Virginia MOC members we have and how many would enjoy getting together for a weekend or Rally. We found just the meeting people and getting together to be a lot of fun. As a matter of fact, we didn't do any sightseeing.

I would sugguest a Friday night meet and greet, a Sat. night pot luck and bone fire, and Sunday return home after breakfast. Lets see
if we can get some ideas here.

vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:35 AM   #2
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
If we were in the area, we would come. As long as I don't have to go over long bridges or in tunnels under water. Can't do that
We will be in Virginia almost all of July. First down below Charlottesville in the KOA and then over to the TT in Chesapeake.
Also have reservations at Lake Gaston, but not sure about those.

Plans can be changed though.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:37 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Salle & Samuel, I say "Go for it!". First of all, in my opinion, a rally can be as short a weekend, as you proposing, or a full week or maybe 4 or 5 nights. If the dates work into our plans, Lorraine and I would be the first one's to attend your rally. I would only suggest it not be scheduled too close to the NE rally as this could cut down on the numbers of attendees at one or the other.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:33 AM   #4
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Carol, Keep a folder of the campgrounds you attend in VA. That way if something is decided on next year, we'll have a list of possible places to camp. In the meantime I'll see what's available.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:55 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
We are located in the Charleston, WV area and would be interested (depending on schedule at that time) in attending. Travel time would be of prime consideration for a weekend trip. We are about two hours from the Wytheville area and a little over three from the Staunton/Charlottesville area. I am not overly familiar with other areas of Virginia, but if there are big rig compatibile CG's near the Blue Ridge I think it would be great. I don't want to sway your leanings, but I would love to meet some fellow MOCers. July is full for us (Lakewood at Myrte from the 5th to the 22nd). Keep us informed via e-mail or PM please.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:31 AM   #6
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Were also interested on a mini Rally here in Virginia. We would like to meet other Montana owners here in the State and adjoining states. It would all depend on the dates and locations. Were starting to get booked up for this summer. We belong to a camping group that camps every 3rd weekend of the month(Good Sam Chapter) and the fall Samboree in October. Your early planning sounds great. We just got back from the Branson mini rally and going to Goshen for another week. Depending on the dates we can help put it together.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:49 PM   #7
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
I just spent some time at the Virginia Campground Association web site and checked out
6 campgrounds in the Centeral part of the state. Most looked like good possible campgrounds. Deer Run Campground, Small Country Campground, Heavenly Acers Campground,
Hidden Acres Fam. Camground, Christopher Run Campground, and Charlottesville KOA. There is lots to see for anyone who wants to come early and stay late. Check them out.
There were others I didn't check out yet.

I think it would be nice to keep the location central. Except for KOA the rate was under
$30 a night with some discounts.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:54 PM   #8
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
I had written another reply and got bumped off before it posted. I thought maybe next
Sept. first weekend after Labor Day, 2008. Does this conflict with anything else. Samuel and I go to Fl Oct. 1st. The crowds would be gone, and weather not too hot.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:47 PM   #9
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
I pm'd you about a couple we have stayed at. Small Country in Louisa is terrible. Looks good on the internet, but we left after 1 day. Was suppose to stay a week.
We will be at the KOA in Charlottesville in a couple of weeks. When I made our reservations, they sounded awful nice. Will let you know.

Carol
Old 06-26-2007, 06:59 AM   #10
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Thanks Carol, That's what we need, people who have been there. What do you think about
Sept 2008 after Laborday?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:23 AM   #11
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
As I replied in your other post on this subject we just stating camping last year. We have never been to a rally and only stayed at 4-5 public campgrounds but are interested in attending depending on the final date. Most of our camping has been at private functions with 10-30 other campers, kind of like a rally I would suspect. First weekend of Sept is good for us. We will be camping near Gordonsville, VA the following weekend.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:54 AM   #12
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
I will try to get some information on Walnut Hills while we are in the area.

Cyrus, I think Salle is talking about September 2008.

Carol
Old 06-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #13
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Right now I'm leaning towards Sept. 2008, 1st weekend after Labor Day weekend. We can have a
3day or 4 day rally. I would like to see a Meet and Greet the first night. Would need someone to take charge as the date gets closer next summer. After the Meet and Greet we could have the gift swap. That was a lot of fun at the NE Rally. If we came in on Thursday night, the Meet and Greet would be Thursday Night, with the Gift Exchange to follow.

Friday could be a Breakfast of fruit, muffins, donuts, and coffee, anything that does not require a lot of cleanup. Campers can sign up for items. The rest of the day could be free.
Friday night could be a Pot Luck with everyone bringing something.

Saturday could be another free day with bon fire and finger foods, bring your own hot dogs to cook on the fire.

Sunday could be Breakfast in a Bag or we could do egg cassorols along with other foods brought by the members. That would fill a 3 night camp stay. Thursday night in, Sun. morning out. I would like at least 2 days of free time because I have never seen the actractions in the area.

Let's try to keep comments on this thread under Rallys. I would also like to see as many as
15 units at least. I have checked out Walnut Hills Campground and it's about the same rate as the NE rally. They have nice sites, some of our members have been there and it comes highly recommended.

http://www.walnuthillscampground.com/

Let's see if we can make this the next Virginia Region Rally. I would also like someone to step in and be our assisted wagon masters. I would hate to put all this work into it and for some reason not be able to carry through. It's always good to have another couple who would carry on.

Any other suggestions welcome. We got plenty of time.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:54 AM   #14
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
We have been to Small country and it is old, with sloped sites and I had trouble getting my 23' TT in. I would nev
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:57 AM   #15
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
I like your plans but from a working point of view I would reverse the order of breakfasts. Do the omlettes on Saturday and the "continental" breakfast on Sunday. That way breakdown for everyone is easy. The only other consideration is those who have dietary restrictions for carbohydrates. Continental breakfasts don't go over very well for those individuals.

Lisa
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:19 AM   #16
CamprNick
Established Member

M.O.C. #7377
We may be interested depending on the dates. I would rather a long week end the just Fri, Sat., Sun. What about including Thur into the mix. We love VA, however, have only been to Va Beach and Richmond Raceway. Would be nice to so other parts of VA. Please keep us updated.
CamprNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:17 AM   #17
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
CamperNick,
I believe I have set it up for Thurs-Sun. Come when you can. I'll put you down.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:19 AM   #18
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Lisa, That's a good idea. I still haven't had anyone offer to co-master yet, so thanks for the suggestion. It's helps to have someone to sound off with.
Salle