Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2023, 01:15 PM   #1
Jay Merritt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #30834
InCommand BCM Replacement

We have a 1st Generation InCommand

I've been communicating with ASA and they want to replace the BCM. Has anyone had this done? Have you chosen to do it yourself?

Fulltimer Domicile: Florida SKP Resort, Wauchula, Florida
2016 Montana 3611 RL Legacy - 2000w Solar, Victron whole house power, 1200ah Chins LiFePO4, RV Armor roof, Verizon 5G Home Internet
Jay Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 02:19 PM   #2
watsonjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18104
We have not had it done, but we have the 1st Gen also. Is the replacement an upgrade of some kind?
watsonjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 02:27 PM   #3
Jay Merritt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #30834
We updated the software (free). We have struggled with the hydraulic slides stalling while going in and out using the Display Console (DC). It keeps disconnecting from the BCM while we are holding the button on the screen.

We have updated the breaker for the hydraulic pump to 80amps. We also have Lithium batteries (1200ah). It still fails.

It sometimes takes 6 attempts.

All the other functions work.

Fulltimer Domicile: Florida SKP Resort, Wauchula, Florida
2016 Montana 3611 RL Legacy - 2000w Solar, Victron whole house power, 1200ah Chins LiFePO4, RV Armor roof, Verizon 5G Home Internet
Jay Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 05:31 PM   #4
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Are you contemplating doing the install yourself?
I have 2nd gen BCM and I am not having issues but I am curious how it installs.
I assume they have plugs/connectors to make it easy for the wide variety of workers at the plant to “plug and play”. Surely they don’t have “Jake the BCM guy” install all the BCMs for every unit.

How much do they want for the BCM?
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 09:36 AM   #5
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
My 2016 Front Kitchen had the 1st gen of the In-Command. Several times I had issues on outings as to being unable to open the slides. One night we set up and could not for the life of us open the livingroom slide to pass through. We had two doors, so we would stay the night and go through the doors to sleep in the bed area and use the kitchen half. After 3 hours, the batteries topped off and the battery power to open the slides became adequate and our trip was saved.
We attended the National Rally in Goshen in 2018 and got the techs to modify the IN-Command to a newer version Gen 2. They replaced the board in no time at all since it was a straight transfer of wires. The wire cable had to be taken from the front compartment out and underneath area to the rear bathroom where the monitor was placed. They opened the bottom covers and came in through the power distribution. We didn't have any more problems after the upgrade and worked with the phone apps better.

Tags
asa, bcm, incommand, jensen