Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
grooving grandpa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8250
Water leak from fresh water tank

I have a small drip of the fresh water drain pipe. I can turn the plastic hose by hand. Hoping there is just a loose camp where the drain pipe connects to the tank. I see no easy way of dropping the bottom cover off there. Is it feasible to cut slits away from the hose and get a wrench to tighten the screw. I am sure others have had this problem. I guess it also could be a cracked wield. The rig is not setting on level, so I think the leak has to be right at the hose. Any help would be appreciated. Here is a picture. As if no body knew what I am talking about. Da
Thanks Lou

grooving grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Lou is it dripping from the hole in the belly cover where the drain hose from the fresh water tank comes through or where is it dripping from? We have a 2004 2980 and the drain tube is just like yours. I don't remember the hose turning however. It is probrably the clamp on the hose at the tank that is loose or rusted through. It's not an easy fix to pull the belly cover down there but I know of no other way to do it. I know of no way to repair or secure a belly cover once you cut it but maybe others will come along and know how to do it! Good luck and keep us informed on what you find.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Lou on our 08 2955RL I dropped the belly pan several times there in the back. Just lower the stabilizers and then undo the small bolts and screws holding them to the frame. Then lower the stabilizers enough to move them out of the way.
Then undo the screws that holds the belly pan to the fiberglass back cap and the screws attaching the belly pan to the frame for about 4' on each side and drop it out of the way.
You can then access the area where the drain hose fits to the tank. There is a hose clamp holding it to the tank. Sometimes it may loosen up or never was completely tight.
You might have to move the foil insulation out of the way also.
You can jack the stabilizers back up to reinstall them.
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
You don't have to drop the belly. Instead cut a access flap (3 sided) so you can tighten the connection. Clean the belly surface, and then seal the flap up with Gorilla Tape. It holds very well. I have used it to seal flaps (six) in my belly where I mounted a boat rack. I just removed some of the Gorilla Tape the other day to get to a gray tank leak. It was still stuck tight after four years.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:37 AM   #5
grooving grandpa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8250
Jolu, thanks for the explicit instructions on removing the belly pan. Lowing the stablizers seems like the secret. I think I will try Carl's suggestion first and use the Gorilla tape. Cleaning the surface with alcohol sounds like the secret. Will let you know how it works.

Thanks again Lou
grooving grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote