Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Kitchen Light Hell

Does anyone know where the wiring goes from the kitchen light on the roof? This is the light which is attached to the other two lights in the living room. From what I can tell the wiring goes over to the side of the trailer and possibly down the wall from there. This is frustrating since I have only had the trailer for a week and my dealer is over 800 miles away.
Thanks in Advance!
Phil

Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
If I remember correctly, when at the factory, all 12v wires were on the driver's side of the ROOF and the 110v was on the passenger side.

If you don't want to wait for your dealer, just take a fish tape and work it back to the light that works and then fish a new pair of zip cord to the light that doesn't work. I think this would be alot easier than trying to figure out Keystone's written down wiring plan - whoops, did I say that?
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:31 PM   #3
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Okie Guy

Does anyone know where the wiring goes from the kitchen light on the roof? This is the light which is attached to the other two lights in the living room. From what I can tell the wiring goes over to the side of the trailer and possibly down the wall from there. This is frustrating since I have only had the trailer for a week and my dealer is over 800 miles away.
Thanks in Advance!
Phil
Okie Guy,
Are you talking about the two lights next to the ceiling fan?? If you are there is a switch located just below the light on the passenger side by the rear window, it’s a little white rocker switch.
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:47 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Oldguard is correct.. I just found that out yesterday after 19 months of ownership. That light does NOT operate off the same switch as the lights up front....At least on our 3400...who knows on any others.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:22 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Any progress?
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:30 AM   #6
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Phil,
I went out and checked mine just now. The 2 lights on the living room ceiling ARE seperate from the one on the kitchen ceiling. The switch is above the GFCI plug on the refrigerator wall. We have the same trailer, so maybe yours is like mine.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote