Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2007, 01:22 AM   #41
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
I would like to say that if it wasn't for our Montana we would not be able to accomplish the goals that we have before we head out on the road permanantly. Sure we have had some disappointment but then the good things far outway the bad. As far as the problems the forum has given me answers that I would not have owning any other RV. Again Kudos to those on this forum that have helped me make my home the best it can be.

One thing that sticks out in my mind is the compliments about how nice our Monty/home looks. Even our friends that still live in 500 thousand dollar homes can now see why we have chosen to live the way we do. Every park I have been in lets me know that our unit compliments the park because it looks so good.

Our many thanks to Keystone for going above and beyond. With inovation like the roomy feeling when you are inside making every part just the right angle for total and complete use. The new front cap making it look like something out of the future. Again taking the lead in the RV industry with some great brainstorming and engineering. All this at a very good price! What more can you ask for? Also Keystone working with me on every issue to get it resolved even in a very touchy situation with a very bad dealer service center. Getting me to the sources and the ability to talk to people that actually build parts for them, Again going above and beyond.

As I said before I want Keystone to prosper and be around for a long time as we all have a very vested interest in this. Longevity for our brand is something we all want and need. To those that have had problems and bring them up here. I look at it as way to help make this better, for not only Keystone, but the RV industry as a whole.

The Monty affords me a very nice place to live and gives me the opportunity to build for the future. Hey what can you say 110.00 taxes each year verse 3000.00, now throw in cost of a home verse the Monty it is a no brainer. When we get board with the job and the scenery is up for a change all it takes is about 60 minutes and we are gone to see what other areas of this great country have to offer.

Judy thanks for bringing up this subject sometimes one just has to make lemonade out of the lemons........

Tom

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:20 AM   #42
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Thanks for the positive, as alway out look Judy. I have enjoyed with you your pictures of your travels, keep it up must be allot of work! The negative post don't bother me as it give me a watch dog approach to the hole camping experience. ALL manufactures have problem with there products, not just the Montana line. With out this vessel to move around in it would be hard to see and do what we all love to do, travel! Thank you all for all the post that have helped in my buying decision and the down road problems. SeeYa
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:59 AM   #43
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
The only thing I hate about my Montana is I am not driving down the road with it behind our truck. Hopefully, sometime this year our business sells and we will be traveling.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:06 AM   #44
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Thanks, Judy - it was such fun to read all the testimonials - now we know we made the right decision in buying a Monty!

Suzanne
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:28 AM   #45
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
There are problems both small and large with every RV manufactured. A friend of ours purchased a Class A Winnebago and it stalled 50 miles away from the dealer. They were laid up for 7 days awaiting repairs. Winnebago is a well-respected manufacturer but the problems they encounter are just like what Keystone encounters. One of the things we decided when we decided on our Montana back in 2000 was that I was going to have to be handy with small tools and ingenuity.

When we had our stick house, all I had to do was make a call and there would be someone there to take care of the problem. And, believe me we had more than our share of problems in our stick house. Have you ever had a pipe burst in the basement and flood you out? Ruined the carpeting and furniture in the family room! Did we complain about the manufacturer of the house? No, we just called someone to come and pump the water out and repair the damage in the family room. Sure, the house was insured, but it didn't completely cover the amount for the damage.

With our "moving house" it's difficult sometimes to call someone to come and repair it, so we get very handy. Also, if you are anywhere near a bunch of other RVers, most of them will come and try to lend you a hand. Right now, I've got the underbelly open in our rig, checking the wiring (because of Richfaa's problem) and trying to locate a small water leak. We're in Victorville, CA and it froze the last couple of nights. Do I call Keystone and complain about frozen pipes? Of course not. Do I complain about workmanship because the pipes froze. NO!

As you can see, I'm really a little more than uptight because of the many complaints I have read recently. Some things we may not like but as has been said, "It's the nature of the beast." We can always change brands. As for me, NOT!

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:06 AM   #46
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We have had our Montana for 2 1/2 years. We have not traveled very far in it, but we take it out at least 2 weekends a month year round. We have had only minor problems that Roy fixed himself. We are very happy with our Montana and do not plan at this point to trade it in. We would never buy from the same dealer again, but fortunately we have a new dealer here locally. I believe some of the problems people complain about are dealer problems and not with Keystone.

I think we need all comments, negative or positive, but presentation of the comments makes a big difference. Our members need to feel free to post negative comments, but if the problem is resolved, that should be posted, as well, and I think some fail to do that.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:41 AM   #47
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
We're on our third Montana ... we've had some problems but Keystone and/or our dealer have always taken care of us.

One thing that the brochure and the website cannot include is all the wonderful friendships that can be made as a direct result of this forum. I truly believe some of the friendships we've made will endure as long as we do and we have the MOC to thank.

To paraphrase Carol's signature ... Life is good ... Life in a Montana is great!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:02 AM   #48
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Having gone from a Class C motorhome to the Montana I realy appriciate the Montana, not just its room but the unit overall. In the Class C I have done some work on draws that were held in place by 1x2 low grade lumber that was not supported to anything, fixed leaky windows and renailed molding stirps and paneling. All this on a 1999. After looking at 5th wheels I saw a consistancy in the construction quality across the board. The main differece in the other 5th wheels was the eye candy inside. We love our Montana and have only notice some minor problems, such as a small leak under the kitchen sink which was resolved by just tighting the fitting. With the bouncing and jerking on these units going down the road they really hold up well. We are looking to start fulltiming this summer or late spring and feel we have a 5th wheel that will do us proud over the years.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:52 AM   #49
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
We have had our Montana for almost 5 years and have had no problems with it at all. This is our third fifth wheel and the best so far, will be looking at a Big Sky this summer (I want that king size bed) Carol is happy with this one.
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:18 AM   #50
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
We also bought our Montana previously enjoyed. We've had minor issues but they were either taken care of by us or the dealer. Keystone redid the front end to correct the frame flex - no charge even though our Monty is 7 years old. So far this model has been right for us. If we decide to trade, it will be for another Montana.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #51
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Since we don't own a rig yet, we would have to say that this forum is the most positive Montana experience that we have. Were else can you find a support group like this. The hardest part of wanting to go fulltime is the lack of actual experience that we have. Any fears have been dispelled by just knowing that a friendly response to any problem is just a post away. Our first goal after we begin our Montana journey will be to meet the many friends and MOC educators that participate here. Have no fear, we will own a Montana!
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:14 PM   #52
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
This is our second Monty. The first was a '03 2955RL. Buying the second or third should say something. We are well pleased with the unit and service after sale. Only had a couple minor problems with the 2955RL that the dealer handled. We had a problem with the self tapping screws in the sewer hose compartment on our '06 3000RK that ate holes in our hose. Talked to Tony at the Goshen rally and it was addressed when we got back to our dealer afterwards. Totally love our unit. Hey, pulling a Montana with a Cummins, how much better can it get???
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #53
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bob
Pulling a Montana with a GMC! LOL
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #54
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I have nothing to add but my love for Miss Monty! She is always the nicest looking rig at the campgrounds. I love having a home away from home for family gatherings. If family members start arguing about what uncle whoever ate at the family reunion of 1935 I can walk away to my quiet refuge. She pulls easy down the road, looks great and is nothing but enjoyment to us. Way to go Keystone!

Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #55
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

Bob
Pulling a Montana with a GMC! LOL
Happy trails..................
Don't get me started on GMCs, Sue!

On January 20th, we will have been FTing in our 2007 3400 for 6 months. We absolutely love it! It is truly "home" for us. No matter where we are - MI, OH, NC, FL, or points in between, when we walk through that door of our Montana at the end of the day, we can feel our shoulders drop, our whole body relaxes, and that great feeling of relief come over us. "It's good to be back home!"

We have been very blessed with an absence of any problems. No leaks, no wiring problems, no drafts, no problems with our 1/2 (after our initial unit was replaced one week after buying the 3400).

We couldn't be happier or prouder of driving around with this unit on the back of our GMC. I hope that's not too vain, but I do like the looks and the comments when I pull in somewhere with it.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:16 AM   #56
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Dave, your reactions must be similar to our eight year old granddaughter who walked back into our rig after 3 days and, under her breath, said, "Oh, it's good to be back!" It's a good thing.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:16 AM   #57
HowardCh
Established Member

M.O.C. #6624
Well, we'll be pulling our Big Sky one of these days. But in the meantime we love how it looks and the amenities it offers. We looked at lots of 5er's in the last year that we've been looking and nothing grabbed us like the Big Sky. Yes, it is previously owned (used) but I swear it looks like new. One of these days we'll actually be able to be out on the road and enjoying using it.
HowardCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:27 AM   #58
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
I am just so pleased with the quality of my Mountaineer. It gives me that comfort and security of a worry free trip to be had that I'm never concerned before leaving that I'm going to encounter any problems. I wish I could get the same level of comfort from my Acura or Toyota SUVs.
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:31 AM   #59
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

Dave, your reactions must be similar to our eight year old granddaughter who walked back into our rig after 3 days and, under her breath, said, "Oh, it's good to be back!" It's a good thing.
Thanks, Judy! BTW, not the first time I've been compared to an 8 yr old...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:59 AM   #60
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Dave, you're so crazy...in a nice way. Is that fluffy enough for all the meanies? Gracie is just another person, no matter what her age, who enjoys our Montana.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote