Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2006, 06:08 AM   #1
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Replacing the CD/radio in a '03 FL model

Has anyone replaced the RCA RS1285 CD player/tape deck/radio in a '03 model? Ours has problems.

What did you get to replace it? We just want to hook up the speaker wires as they are and "plug and go" with a replacement unit, mainly for CD music, some limited radio usage. Don't need a tape deck as part of the new one. Seems like everything we looked at has aux speakers with it, which we don't want/need.

Thanks,

patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:47 AM   #2
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
PJ
We bought two units. For dvd's and cd's (of which I don't have any, all my music is on my mp3, and on my computer in itunes), we bought a Toshiba recorder player, uses dvd-rw disks and can record over and over on the same disk. It ties right into our cable box and tv with no problem. Model number D-RW2SU. For FM Music we bought a Sony Tuner, model numbner HT-DDW700 (home theater), this has 5.1 surround sound, Dolby, Digital sound, seperate speaker controls, access on screen when setting up. comes with speakers. I just hooked my existing speakers into the back per the instructions and everything works great. no special hookups needed. I am going to use the speakers that came with the tuner outside, with my quest1000 unit for outside music. (The
FM part of the Q1000 still works great so I can listen to FM or to my I-pod outside with good speakers!!! Works for me! Both units along with the cable box stack under the TV and computer cabinet in an opening that originally had one shelf dividing it in half. I did have to take out the shelf to make one opening for all three units, not a problem. I secure them for travel with a friction rod, and the slide closing is also added insurance to keep them from barfing all over the floor.
Hope this give you some ideas.
Rick

on edit; the Ipod has 7 days of my music on, and it is only 1/2 full.
I put 235 CD albums on this thing, I also bought the fm transmitter for it, and the car unit and a home docking sation that has am/fm/clock radio. Great little system. I don't listen to music through headphones, can't stand the noise rattling aroung in my empty void. But I do love to listen to music and this
gives me access to all kinds of it, I have everything from 50's/60's, country,classic,new age, electronic, hawaiian, russian, cuban, mexican and it's all great.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:52 PM   #3
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Hi PJ

We picked up this Samsung from Curciut City for under $250.00 Can.
Came with all new speakers and Sub. great home theater sound.
and plays MP3s and J-pegs. AM & FM etc.....looks some what like the following.

http://www.samsung.com/Products/Home...DB120THXAA.asp

J & D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote