Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2008, 04:59 AM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks for all the info.

Dennis, thanks for the info and link. I'll check them out.

I would like to see the Hijacker in person to check it out. The Hijacker site does not have a find dealers option, though. I'm not yet sure if Camping World carries it. We're about 100 miles from a CW but could do a day trip to check it out.

If I find both the Pullrite and the Hijacker would make me happy, then I'll be comparing costs.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:11 AM   #22
6.7 CTD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8114
Thanks for the update Steve, keep it coming........very interested in Hijacker Autoslide.
6.7 CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:29 AM   #23
6.7 CTD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8114
This is the e-mail I got from Hijacker........for anyone interested in this

Roger,
Our hitch will not work with these rails at this time. I know that some installers have modified the Husky rails/brackets so our hitch will fit but I am not sure how they did it, or if this would work with Reese rails. If you would like to call us to discuss this our toll free number is 1-866-222-2259.
Thank you
Wayne
6.7 CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:53 AM   #24
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
As you all probably know there is another Pullrite thread at http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...85&whichpage=1

I just wanted to re-post the following reply I made concerning the experience I have had over the years at the Pullrite plant. This attention they have GIVEN, FREE of charge, to my hitch is well worth any additional cost over any other brand out there and until the competition has proven to me that they are providing the same kind service I will stick with Pullrite.
Quote:
quote:Steve, As you well know I swear by my SuperGlide. In my humble (me? humble?) there is NO better hitch, or service department, on the market bar none.
I got mine back in Sept 03 and with a few exceptions it has performed flawlessly.
Since getting it, every year when we go to the Fall Rally I pay a visit to the PUllrite plant. Every year except 07 they have made some minor adjustments at NO COST. This past fall (2007) I again went to the plant and they found that some how I had bent the top plate. It was only out about an 1/8th to a 1/4 inch. They removed the entire hitch and rebuilt it from top to bottom. They replaced the hitch plate, the working mechanism and the way bars. They also gave me a can of SLIP Plate to be used on the way bars. The SLIP Plate applies a graphite coating that wears like steel. Yes it is greaseless but you still don't want to touch the way bars as you will get the black graphite on you. I spray the way bars about every 1500 to 2000 miles. In 4 years it has never cost me anything, including 07, except my time.
After I got back to the rally I mentioned to Rich (RC and Samantha) about Pullrite's great service and he took his Superglide to the plant. They went over his hitch as well and again didn't charge a penny.
I know you get to Elkhart most every year and I would definitely recommend you visit the plant and if you do get a Superglide absolutely visit the plant to have them go over it.

BTW-This would apply to any Pullrite hitch that the rest of you may have. The folks at Pullrite told me to spread the word that they will work on any of their hitches, at the plant, at no cost to the owner.

Another BTW-The Pullrite plant is at 13790 East Jefferson Blvd, Mishawaka, IN about 25 minutes from the Goshen fairgrounds
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:57 AM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I've been talking with a couple of dealers and none of the ones here in Arizona want to negotiate on the superglide. I also considered buying online at bigdiscountrv but can't find a dealer willing to install it. Those who also sell the superglide "suggest" I have the online folks do the installation. About what you'd expect them to say. Those who do not sell it feel they don't have the experience/expertise to install the superglide.

However, I've also been talking withour selling dealer in Kansas City. He has made me a deal good enough that I told him to book an appointment for installation when we get back there in June. I'll have him check brakes and repack the wheel bearings at the same time. We've bought two Montanas from this dealer so when I asked if he'd deal I think he was willing to do so, knowing I'm a loyal customer. I included a hitch cover in the deal. We do a lot of backroad 4x4 type exploring and I want to minimize the dirt that gets on those rails. They also are including a can of the new lubricant.

The Hijacker Autoslide dealers seem to be few and far between. The one I talked to had little knowledge of the product. I'm sure it's a good product but I'm just not comfortable with the lack of knowledge I'm hearing from the dealers. So I decided to go with the established brand.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:18 AM   #26
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Steve (sreigle),

Glad to hear you are able to have your local dealer assist on your hitch and other matters. I was fortunate, I guess, in that my dealer while not selling SuperGlide installed it for labor only. Not many will, and I guess I understand to some extent. Good Luck. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote