Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
New member, new Montana 5th-wheeler

Hello! We are new to this forum and have already found many of the answers to questions we had. We are within 3 weeks of having to make our decision about which Montana 5th-wheeler to buy; we've sold our home and will use the 5th-wheeler primarily for traveling and also for a temporary home until the new one is complete; however, we're not choosing a plan to accommodate us only for the temporary living arrangement. We like the completely-closed bathroom arrangement in the 3585SA, because it affords more privacy as well as a little bit--very little, but enough--of a sound barrier between the bed and shower. Our previous 5th-wheel had a private shower/sink arrangement, and we loved it. On the other hand, the plans with the shower-open-in-the-bedroom arrangement have a roomier feel to them. If bathroom arrangement was a factor in your selection of a floor plan, we'd like to know why you selected the arrangement you did, and how it's working for you.

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:20 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
check out the size of the Garden tub and the regular shower. Actually practice a shower in them. I feel there is a difference. Also sit on the "pot", I hate my toes up against the wall and for that reason may look a lot closer at the all in one.
Best of luck and welcome to the forum.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:22 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We had a previous 5er with the shower and toilet in one room. There was not room to get dressed. We really like having all the room to get out of the shower, dry and dress that the 3400 offers. We get up at about the same time and Ed usually showers in the evening while I do mine after coffee. So no one is in bed while the other is showering.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
We purchased a new Montana that had the enclosed bath room and that was the reason we purchased it. But 11 months later we traded it in for a new unit that had the open bed room because it gave us so much more room. Now we can both get dressed at the same time. With the unit that had the enclosed bath I had to crawl into bed from the foot of the bed. No room between the bed and the bathroom wall.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:35 AM   #5
rosyriz
Established Member

M.O.C. #6858
I waited for Montana to come out with enclosed bath before we made our purchase. I personally DO NOT like any of the shower/sink in my bedroom. It is a sacrifice to ahve less room between the bed and the closet but how many times to you crawl into bed at night? My husband takes the closet side so I am close to the bath. We love our Monty!!! Rosyriz
rosyriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:54 AM   #6
jerrybb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6198
We picked the 3500RL because of the privicy of the sliding doors between the living room and the kitchen. if you look at the layout you have 4 rooms total . w/the divider between the bathroom and the bed. We've been living it 3 months and all is working outvery well .
jerrybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:34 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
We have the 3485SA with the rear living and we love it.
Last September we were looking at purchasing the 3475RL with the open bathroom as all the others had. At the fall rally last year I was shown the prototype for the new 3485SA. One look at the fully enclosed bathroom and I knew I was purchasing a NEW 3485SA by years end. By the way, the 3485SA has exactly the same bedroom and BATH as the 3585SA. The 3485 is a rear living room where the 3585 is rear kitchen.
Those that know me personally know be to be 6' tall and over 300 pounds. I have absolutely NO problems using the fully enclosed bathroom. Whether it be setting on the throne, showering or shaving (I call them the 3 "S"s) and if need be there is plenty of room for me to get dressed.
As far as room between the bed and wall or closet, Yes it can be tight if it has the King mattress but plenty of room if you go with the Queen. We opted for the Queen. Both sides of the bed have plenty enough room to walk and putting on a fitted sheet is no longer a problem.
Not to ruffle any feathers but you cannot talk about a particular floor plan, especially a new floor plan, until you have owned one and we do and been VERY VERY happy with ours for the last 7 months as full timers. We will never ever go back to the old bathroom set up. NO WAY, NO HOW!!!!
Prior to this 3485 we had a 2955RL with the fully open, except shower, bathroom and really grew to hate it. This fully enclosed bathroom is the best thing Montana could have done and it won't be long before you start seeing it in a lot of new floor plans. I can imagine it coming out before to long in the BigSky as well.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:22 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Wayne and Carolyn, we installed a set of Maytag's, Sue really loves them, I'll post a picture of her watching the tub go round...after I find it.....
Just click on the links.
Ozz
Washer and dryer:
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...&subcat=Dryers
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:31 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Here are the rest:
(We have the 3400Rl, and love it.)