Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2004, 04:35 PM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
New Coffee table

Just wanted to share our idea for a new coffee table. We came across a little country-style bench at the unfinished furniture store and because of it size (12" x 32") realized that it would make a great coffee table that wouldn't taken up too much space. It even has a full shelf under the "seat" for books and magazines. We jazzed it up with some decals that are clusters of grapes and we now have our customized coffee table. Just needs a couple more coats of polyurethane and it should be indestructible.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 09:35 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 08:34 AM   #3
Still_waters
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1030
Yes I too would like to see it. And are they available for purchase. Have been looking for a small coffee table for our 2955.
Still_waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 09:26 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Yes, A picture would be nice, Glenn, but I'm not as proficient as you. I've been trying for months to get our picture up on our profile and was just recently successful. Still don't know how to get it on the topic page. I'll give it a try.

This bench was the last one at a local unfinished furniture store. You might look around to see if you have such a business near you.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:01 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
After due consideration and many failed attempts to get it on the forum, I think it would be easier for you guys to just drive over here to Alabama and see it! LOL
Old 12-12-2004, 10:55 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
OK, I ain't driven all the way to 'Bama so we're gonna get that picture up here if it takes til Christmas.

First I need to know if you have the table picture hosted at the same place tinypic.com as you do the photo in your profile??

If you do, all you have to do is copy and paste the img tag you received in the email from tinypic.

It should be the 3rd link down.. IMG: and the tag will look something like this...[*img]http://tinypic.com/xxxxx[/img*] Without the (*) asterisks.

Copy and Paste that tag into the Message box. If you have a problem use Private Message and send me the picture's URL.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:27 AM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
http://tinypic.com/w6a76
Here's something to start with. I'll work on the rest.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:28 AM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Hey, it worked!! I am so impressed with myself!

Thanks for the directions, Glenn. Guess you saved yourself a trip to Bamaland!
Old 12-12-2004, 11:46 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Excellent on the post and on the table.

Good lookin' table. Gotta keep it from Lorraine or she'll want me to make her one.

Your next assignment will be to have the picture appear within the message and not just the URL..

Like so--
Old 12-12-2004, 01:37 PM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Wow, my table looks pretty cute in full color and giant size! Thanks so much. I actually just took the URL from my profile which is why it came up as a link. Now I'm putting about three coats of poly on it so the Grandchillin' can have fun on it, too.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:38 PM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Glenn, that picture is 120k. Fine for broadband but those on dialup and cell connections might find it ties up their system for awhile. Do you have the resources to reduce the filesize? If not, I can do that.

Went ahead and did it. This one is about 17k (half the resolution and 65% quality). Hope you guys don't mind I did this.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 05:20 PM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Hey, don't we all like to mega-size stuff today, Steve? Thanks for the help. I NEVER would be able to accomplish that! I'm thankful for all you computers experts on this forum.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:48 AM   #13
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Glenn, that picture is 120k. Fine for broadband but those on dialup and cell connections might find it ties up their system for awhile. Do you have the resources to reduce the filesize? If not, I can do that.

Went ahead and did it. This one is about 17k (half the resolution and 65% quality). Hope you guys don't mind I did this.
Thanks Steve, I edited the image to the same one you placed. I was in a hurry when I did my post and just used jrgwdenner's original without editing. You know this Road Runner will spoil me yet. It is great but when working with graphics on a site I gotta remember there are still folks out there using those ssslllloooowwww connections that will want to view those graphics.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:07 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Glenn, I hope I didn't offend. We're on a very fast wi-fi at the moment but in other places we're sometimes on a slow dialup, sometimes on an even slower cell connection. So I'm probably hypersensitive to this.

Glen and Judy, I just used a freebie piece of software called irfanview. It's available at www.irfanview.com if you have any interest. Several of us can tell you how to use it. It's not difficult but is not particularly intuitive, either.

Nice table, by the way.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:02 AM   #15
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
Glub saw a "davino" table she liked so we built one.
cons truced with Oak wood and finished to match the wood work. She also didn't like the table between the chairs so built a new table of the same wood. It is almost square. With a solid Oak top. A large drawer holds the bar supplies and it looks great. We have to turn it around while traveling so it wont open. The skinny table that came with the rig donated the magazine rack for front and back.
Treecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:06 AM   #16
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

Hey, don't we all like to mega-size stuff today, Steve? Thanks for the help. I NEVER would be able to accomplish that! I'm thankful for all you computers experts on this forum.
Hey we really like the table and are in 'Bama. Where was the location of the find??
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:01 PM   #17
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well, O.V. and Kathy, we found it at an unfinished furniture store in Montgomery....and it was the last one (half price!). It's just pine but that makes it lightweight. I'm sure there must be others out there. Wish I could be more helpful. Judy
Old 12-14-2004, 03:20 PM   #18
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
We had my brother-in-law build us a square table to put between the chairs and we use the table we got with the Monty as a coffee table. The square table is the same as the rest of the wood and it holds a lot(booze?). When we travel we just set the coffee table sideways betweem the chairs. The table jrgwdenner made looks great and very useful. It is so neat to see all the great ideas here on this forum!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:51 AM   #19
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hi, Emmel! Last night I saw your name on somethingorother and realized I'd not seen a post from you in awhile. Good to see you're alive and well and all that!
Old 12-16-2004, 01:27 AM   #20
Dental Floss Tycoon
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1817
Has anyone seen something like this? I found this table on another manufacturer's website, but I can't remember which one

This table would be perfect for the living room in the 3685FL.

P.S: Sorry for posting the red "X" and thanks for the great instructions!

George
Dental Floss Tycoon is offline   Reply With Quote