Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
Slufoot733
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9928
Some thoughts, that weren't thunk!

I am the proud owner of a 2010 Montana 3150 RL. Now that we've had a chance to travel a bit in it I have a few bones to pick with the designers. Don't misunderstand, it's a beautiful unit but as with all things manufactured there are a few things that could be improved. Here are some I have found:

1. I am 5'10" tall. My wife does the cooking and I do the dishes, a lot. Did anyone at Keystone actually stand at the kitchen sink in the 3150RL and DO SOME DISHES? Well, several times now I have struck my forehead on that RAZOR sharp cabinet corner just above the sink. And let me tell you, it hurts. I believe that over-the-counter cabinet could have been moved back several inches to avoid this problem. And the corner could have been rounded to lessen the damage when one does hit his head.

2. Speaking of doing dishes, the sink is way too small. This unit has one very small sink on the right and a slightly larger one on the left. Cute, but not practical. Two good size sinks would go a long way to make the kitchen more functional.

3. The toilet closet is rather small. There is a five or six inch space between the bathroom sink and the bedroom dresser which could have been used in the toilet closet. By moving the sink against the dresser the wall on the toilet closet could have been moved that same distance allowing some knee room when using the toilet. Just five or six inches would make a big difference.

4. Check the screws holding the ceiling fan blades on. The fan made an awful noise when we turned it on. I found one blade with one screw missing and the other one very loose. Several other blade screws needed tightening also.

5. I'll find something else, I'm sure.

Slufoot733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I pulled it. don
Old 06-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Lynn & Kevin, You offer some very good suggestions. Although I have the 3400, I still have the same sink arrangement, however, the dresser could be a tad smaller to accomodate a slightly larger bivvy. I think the fan blades should be on all PDI sheets and everyone should check them ocassionally. I had one of the brackets crack and had to replace them all. Had to find a fan shop to do that. I put that on my annual maintenance list also......I actually think I used Loctite when I replaced them.....Hopefully Keystone will listen and consider the changes...

YES, you will probably find other things that make the RV lifestyle rather unique. Good luck and happy travelling.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Put some Loctite on those ceiling fan blades, or you'll be picking screws out of the carpet all across the country.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Kevin... Do a copy on those suggestions and if you go to the fall rally give them to the Keystone folks or give them to someone who is going to the rally to pass on. keystone always wants that kind of stuff and they do, within reason, pay attention.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote