Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
Window covering mod

On our maiden voyage it got down to 30 at night...not bad, but I noticed that the area around the windows gets quite cold and the day/nite shades don't offer much. Being as we will be in some colder weather this winter, I figured to address this issue. So I sent Judi to the fabric store, and had her pick up 11 yards of fleece in a nice color. I'm going to put up velcro strips on the inside of the existing valances and opposing strips on fleece panels, and in colder weather will be hanging these fleece panels over the windows. I know we'll be having to take them down once or twice a day due to condensation, or at least opening them up a bit but I think this will help alot. Sitting on the couch with a cold draft on your neck is not very comfortable. I think we can also use some of these panels in the summer, on any windows where the sun beats in.

Anyone else done something like this?
Bill
Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote