Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2010, 12:55 AM   #1
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
The Passing

He was truly my Best Friend. Over 14 years of some of the greatest adventures in my life were shared with him...some of those adventures would have been little more than "trips" without him. He shared the best with me and lifted me during the worst. His undying love and unwavering dedication can and will never be replaced. In fair weather or foul he stood by my side, an icon of support, loyalty and attitude. At age 98 in human years, he still tried his damnedest to do it all. While in New York at my Dad's, I had no choice but to lay to rest Black Thunder 6:15 Express, known by a few of you as Thunder. He is resting peacefully with no pain now, on a sandy knoll overlooking my Dad's pond that he loved so much.
I Love You, my dear Friend.

Black Thunder 6:15 Express
July 4, 1996 - July 16, 2010

Bill

Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Bill,
Many of us have been there. Remember the good time and know Black Thunder 6:15 Express is at peace and still taking trips with you.

Carol posted this and it really hit home.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mrs. CountryGuy

For dear friends Dave and Betsy, in memory of sweet Murphy.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:22 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Bill,
Sorry to hear about Thunder. Lightning won't be the same without Thunder. It was tough when I had to put my Malamute, Koda, down but it was the right thing to do. It's comforting to know that they aren't in pain any longer.
Jim
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:54 AM   #4
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Sorry about your loss.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:56 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Ditto

Consider my ditto a repost for Black Thunder 6:15 Express, of the Rainbow Bridge Poem.

The Rainbow Bridge poem is indeed meant for all our furr friends that pass before us.

May all those fond memories of trips with Thunder will give you smiles and peace in the days to come.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:58 AM   #6
pecosbill
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9759
Bill, we are so sorry for your loss. We know how special our pets become in our lives and you are in our thoughts and prayers.
pecosbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:08 AM   #7
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Condolences ---- pets are very special and become a family member. Sorry for your loss.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:24 AM   #8
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Bill -
You will never forget Black Thunder, and he will continue to live in your memory. Many of us have felt the sme sense of loss. We wish you.our heart felt condolences. It's been 2 1/2 years since I lost my faithful Lab, Magnum. Our new puppy is 4 weeks old now and we pick him up August 14th. But, he will never be a replacement for the old boy, just another faithful companion. I hope you don't have to wait as long for your next companion.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:49 AM   #9
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Reading Rainbow Bridge made me cry. I know my beloved Toby, Casey and Bubba are running with Thunder now. They are with us such a short time, but the quality of our lives is so much richer for having them in it. I hope it helps to know that so many of us know and feel your sadness. God bless....Joanie
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:55 AM   #10
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
They truly are our kids. Sorry for your loss but what wonderful memories and unconditional love we have had from them. They are always with us.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #11
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
All of our prayers are with you in your time of sorrow. Losing your faithful companion is very hard just know that your time together was a gift and you will be together again one day. You will one day meet another companion to be your friend and share unconditional love.

Betty and Paul
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #12
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
What a great tribute to, what was evidently, your best friend. We feel your pain and wish you the best. The memories will always be there, as they should be. As the unknown author of the Rainbow Bridge says: "Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together".... What a great time that will be.....

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:32 AM   #13
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
So sorry to hear of Thunder`s passing. You had him many years but I know it isn`t enough. Our pets are truly family members and I still grieve for the ones waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #14
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

That’s certainly a difficult thing to do. But time will heal somewhat.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:36 AM   #15
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
Old 07-21-2010, 12:39 AM   #16
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
The above pic is from very early on....took Thunder on his first fishing trip.

...and when it rains, it freakin' pours. On Sunday, Lightning began feeling poorly. We thought it might be the loss of his "brother", and part of it surely was. But, with several trips to the vet here in NY we found out he has an urinary tract infection and also is anemic...now there's a problem with either his liver or spleen. He goes for an ultrasound friday a.m. I am doing a bonsai run over to the stixhouse in a few minutes, returning tomorrow after check on things there, getting scripts filled, etc.
Bill

Old 07-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #17
Gramps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8903
Sorry to hear of your loss. A pet is like a child taken before their time, though they're gone, they will always be with you and remain a lasting part of your life. May your friend rest in peace and his soul comfort you.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote