Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Great Lakes Region
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
dchafer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4203
Send a message via Yahoo to dchafer
All Ontario MOC

Hi everyone, I think I may have to go through the moderator for this topic.
I see we have 81 MOC in Ontario, Canada and am interested in having a Rally in Ontario somewhere. I have a few ideas where? Central.

Can anyone steer me in the proper direction. How do we go about it?
Can anyone give me a contact person... and we could go from there. I am sure we could get enough interest...

Anyone out there interested?

dchafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Under the Administrator area under the "Log In Now Required" topic are email links to all the Administrators and Moderators. I checked with RVWheels when I was planning our get together in Georgia. I think you can just click on the email link to RVWheels or LadyRV and one of them can answer your questions. By the way, you'll have to wait until half of Ontario leaves the Rio Grande Valley and heads for home in the spring. Ontario is well represented down here. Nice folks, too.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:30 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
dchafer..The FCRV organization that we belong to(the FCRV is a USA/Canada organization? is having their international campvention in Blyth, Ont at the fairgrounds.They have very nice facitities, For information go to www.fcrv.org

You may ever consider joining the organization.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:21 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I'm not Canadian but I think that would be a great idea and we would make every effort to attend.

You can contact Lady RV at MontanaOwners2@aol.com or RV Wheels at RVWheels2@aol.com and they will probably set up a catagory just for Ontario under "MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS"
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:24 PM   #5
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I don't know the Blyth Fairground, but it is probably fine if the FCRV are having a rally there. The place I had in mind was the Cookstown KOA, just off highway 400, south of Barrie. It is quite large and can accomodate big rigs.

Rather than creating a separate Ontario organization though, I would favour holding such a rally under the umbrella of the existing Great Lakes Region. Most of the enjoyment of rallies comes from meeting folk from far away. I would not want to give the impression that people from outside Ontario were not welcome.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #6
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
With the 2006 Great Lakes rally schedualed for August, why don't you consider volunteering to be wagonmaster for 2007 and do the rally up there. I think you will get a lot of Montys to come up, I know we will be planning on the trip if you do!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #7
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
2007. You could count us in. We retire in May 2007. Family in Detroit and Up-state New York. Ontario would fit in nicely.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:00 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Emmel

With the 2006 Great Lakes rally schedualed for August, why don't you consider volunteering to be wagonmaster for 2007 and do the rally up there. I think you will get a lot of Montys to come up, I know we will be planning on the trip if you do!
This is a good idea. Why don't you come to the GL rally in Aug and present that idea.We could have the GL rally in Canada in 2007,We would surely attend. And Cookstown KOA would have full hookups..even better..
Old 02-06-2006, 05:38 AM   #9
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
I agree with John and Donna (ontmont) Great Lakes Rallys work for us.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:42 AM   #10
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Might be a chance to look up some relatives in Hull and Aylmer. My Great, Great Grandfather was the mayor of Aylmer once.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:14 AM   #11
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
Barrie, Ontario is only 300 miles from Central New York, I'll have to keep an eye on this thread...
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:43 AM   #12
WildBigBill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2149
Sounds like a great idea! We would definitely try to make it eh.
WildBigBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:16 AM   #13
dchafer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4203
Hi everyone. Sorry for not answering sooner but got that old flu bug... better now.
After reading more on get-togethers, I think an informal get-together at that Cookstown KOA in Barrie sounds great for starters. Once I get back to Ontario I will do some footwork on this and then will send out the info. My family is keeping us quite busy this summer so I have to find time in between gatherings.. like Xmas in July, 50th wedding anniversary for sis etc.... Thanks for all the enthusiasm and I will get back to you on this topic. I am thinking August or September long weekend but not sure. thanks, Diane
Old 02-28-2006, 12:01 PM   #14
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
I think that is something very worth having a discussion about at the Rally in Springfield, OH. If there is any way poss
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:05 PM   #15
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Crud!! I got side tracked!

If there was anyway possible to plan for it this early, I would. I wouldn't have a problem going north of the lakes for a Rally. Lets just do it, say early August 2007 so we don't have to Rally in any snow!
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 12:35 PM   #16
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are helping Steve Emmel put together the GL rally and we are attempting to define what should be included in the GL.You mentioned that it may be a good idea to include Canada in the Gl region (makes sense) However Canada is a very large country East to West.Would like your input on what Provence you think should be included.They would not necessarily have to "touch" the lakes . Perhaps South to North provinces make more sense or it could be the entire country..whatever you think will work...Of course anyone can come from anywhere but in order to call it the Great Lakes rally we need some boundries.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #17
dchafer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4203
After taking another look at the map, we both agree that it would be nice to include Ontario in the GL region.
Like you say, anyone can come however, only the province of Ontario actually touch the great lakes. Quebec would more than likely fit into an eastern region grouping while, Manitoba and Saskatchewan is more mid-west, likely to be included there. Hope this helps.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:26 PM   #18
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I guess this really isn't any of my business, since I live in Alabama, but it doesn't seem to matter who is included in the GL region 'cause you might get Montana owners from anywhere attending your rally. For our little gathering in Georgia, we hope to lure Montana owners from everywhere who are traveling through the state. Our weekend event is under Southeast Camping Clubs because that's where we're meeting. Not everyone attending will be from the Southeast but they'll be there for that weekend. Everyone is welcome.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 04:53 PM   #19
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
It seems to me that the "regional" nature of rallies has more to do with where the organizers live, than the attendees. I'm sure no one is going to be turned away because they don't live in the GL region. I always considered that I did live in the GL region anyway, and we, and others from Ontario, did attend the last GL Region Rally. (For that matter, I also consider that we live in the Northeast Region as well).

As a matter of simple geography, Ontario borders on 5 of the 6 Great Lakes, so that alone should justify its inclusion, but as I said before, I don't really think it matters. If there is some organizational reason to define the GL region, I would include Ontario, and perhaps western Quebec as well. I don't see any Geographic reason to include other parts of Canada, but it is mostly in the mind of the individual if they feel some affiliation with a certain region. (and don't forget that for full-timers, "Home is where you park it".
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:58 AM   #20
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Well said John. I agree 100%.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote