Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2016, 04:41 AM   #1
steveinville
Established Member

M.O.C. #9464
filter in lp line to fridge?

I have a Dometic RML8555 fridge that runs great on 110 and 12V, but won't run at all on LP. Bought the trailer used (2010 model) and I admit that I may never have tried to run on LP...THERE IS NOT CLICKING/NO SPARK. Attempted to clean everything in the service door of the fridge, as far as LP. Cleaned all electrical contacts. Took apart the LP connections. (I had shut off gas at tanks...heard a little whooshing when I disconnected, confirming that there was LP in the main line up to the smaller diameter line going to the gas control valve.) I removed the small diameter line, and the gas control valve. Downstream of the gas control valve is a curved ("s" curve) tube and then another connection to the tiny (1/8 inch?) gas line going to the ignitor. I look in the end of the S shaped line connected to the gas control valve and I see white. I use the plastic shaft of a Q tip to push on it. It comes loose -- I blow it out. It looks like the filter of a cigarette. MY QUESTION IS THIS...is that white "filter - like thing" supposed to be in there? If so, I assume my moving it/reinserting it will only add to my problems. If it's not supposed to be there, not sure how it got in there. could this be the source of my unit not sparking, because it's not getting any gas? Thanks for the help.

steveinville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:17 AM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
If you aren't getting any attempt to light, then the issue is with the electronics on the back wall. Should be providing 12vdc to the gas valve to allow gas to flow as well as the high voltage going to the spark connection. First step, since you know gas is getting to the valve, is there 12vdc on the contacts of the valve? If not, look at the cover on the electronics and it should mention two different fuses inside...one for 120vac operation and one for 12vdc operation. Removing cover should allow you to see a tiny fuse for each. John
Old 09-14-2016, 06:19 AM   #3
steveinville
Established Member

M.O.C. #9464
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jcurtis934

If you aren't getting any attempt to light, then the issue is with the electronics on the back wall. Should be providing 12vdc to the gas valve to allow gas to flow as well as the high voltage going to the spark connection. First step, since you know gas is getting to the valve, is there 12vdc on the contacts of the valve? If not, look at the cover on the electronics and it should mention two different fuses inside...one for 120vac operation and one for 12vdc operation. Removing cover should allow you to see a tiny fuse for each. John
Thanks...are you saying there are tiny fuses in the back of the fridge, (not in the interior fuse box) that control elec to fridge?
steveinville is offline   Reply With Quote