Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2016, 01:47 PM   #1
Buffalochip
Established Member

M.O.C. #18289
Handles on the shower on a 2016 3910fb

Does anybody know how to properly reinstall the shower door handles on the triple bypass glass doors. Mine rattled off and were on the floor when we stopped. There is a small set screw that is supposed to hold them on but it doesn't, so I must be doing it wrong.

Buffalochip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:45 PM   #2
dmedler

M.O.C. #15993
I have repaired automotive window sashes this way for years. clean the door and the handle scraping out the all old material, clean clean clean, use alcohol and get it really squeaky clean. mark the position with tape or marker. use clear rtv (room temperature vulcanizing) rubber. you can get at auto or hardware stores in a small tube, after cleaning both parts fill with rtv and carefully push the handle onto the glass. use enough rtv so it squishes out. later after it has cured a couple of days you can use a razor blade to scrape off the excess, you will almost have to break the door to get it off again after it has cured. do the other one too, it will also come off.
I hope this helps.
dmedler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:01 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Excellent idea for repairing the shower handles and latches. We had the problem on our 2013 unit shower doors and the Service Center at Keystone in Goshen, IN while at the Fall Rally. They used some sort of black tape under the handles and SO FAR they have held. I like the idea rtv in the fix and if mine do come off again I'll be following Dan's instructions for repair.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote