Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2004, 01:50 AM   #1
Montana_704

M.O.C. #704
Need body parts

The front left tire on the port(left) side of my trailer threw a tread this past Saturday. It tore up my sewer pipes, but I've obtained the parts needed to fix that. The plastic skirt that attaches to the living room slide was cleanly torn off. I need that part and wonder if anyone knows if it comes in a kit. I'll need all of the attaching plugs and/or screws also. The kitchen sink drain handle was bent up pretty bad. The handle is gone, but the valve still functions. I can probably live with it the way it is for the time being. There are no leaks. I've called the dealer from whom I purchased the trailer, but I also want to know if there are any other sources for parts for Montana trailers. My 5'ver is a 2955RL.

Montana_704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:54 AM   #2
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
I would check with the factory to see if they will sell you the parts needed that way you know you are getting the same parts that were used when it was built, also you can check rv salvage yards. There are a few in Indiana near the factorys that but over stocked items form the factory one of them is midwest salvage. good luckfinding the parts needed to get you back on the road.
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:25 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I could use a few new body parts myself. Oh, you meant for your Montana.

More seriously, if you are anywhere near Elkhart, IN, there is at least one 'rv salvage' store. The parts are not used ones, at least not that I could tell. I think they must buy them from stores going out of business, etc. They have a ton of things in that store. I will probably run up there to Elkhart during the September rally just to see if there's anything I 'need'. They even had a large assortment of ladders, the ones that mount on the back of the fifthwheel. I don't recall the name of the store but you might do a google search on 'rv salvage' and see what comes up.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote