Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
Shooterdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8905
accumulator tanks

Good afternoon , I was wondering how many of you use accumulator tanks ? Was there an increase in pressure ? Did it decrease the amount of time that the pump ran? These are just some of the questions I had regarding the tanks , any additional information that you may have will be helpfull ...Thanks ..Scott

Shooterdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I have one to install and have used them in the past.
The pump runs longer to bring the tank back to full pressure. The pump does not come on until the tank drops to that pressure. This eliminates a lot of the on/off surging when there is no tank and lite water flow. The tank will hold pressure a little longer but once down to the supply pressure, what you have is what you get.
I hope this helps.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:39 AM   #3
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
I see no use for an accumulator tank. What's the difference if the tank lowers in pressure before the pump comes on, or the water pressure itself lowers until the tank comes on? I do have an accumulator on my boat's water system...don't use it.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote