Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
TLG
Established Member

M.O.C. #7828
Adco and Camping World

Just thought I'd share a positive experience. In November we purchased an Adco cover for out Montana at Camping World. As we were installing it, one of straps tore out. Also, one of the clips was deformed as if it had been exposed to heat. Since the cover was already installed we decided to work with it and leave it on. Aprox one month later I came home to discover the cover ripped completly down the middle. It was lying on both sides of the camper. My wife called Camping World and they referred us to Adco. After explaining the situation to Adco's representative, they instructed us to take pictures of the damage, remove the tag, and send these items to them. After reviewing this information they MAY send us a replacement cover. My wife assembled the information and sent it to Adco along with a detailed description of the damage. Within a week, we received a call from Camping World requesting debit card information so they could refund the full amount. I'm not really sure what changed their minds, but the employee we spoke with stated they received a fax from Adco advising them to refund our money. Since I was all ready to start bad mouthing these two companies, I feel it's only fair that I share this positive experience.

TLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
It is good to hear of positive experiences in the RV industry.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:11 AM   #3
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
My Adco cover zipper broke after one winter's use. Called Adco and they sent us a new cover. Ours was a pleasant experience as well.
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:40 AM   #4
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
TLG, it's great to hear good experiences with these retailers.
I know others have had a good experience with their covers, but I will never put one on again. The cover I had was an Adco and no matter how secure I thought it was, it still rubbed the air conditioner cover. I figured if it rubbed the plastic ac cover, what was it doing to my rubber roof. The rain spouts also rubbed holes in the cover.
By the way, did I mention I would sell my cover cheap!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:25 AM   #5
JimnJulie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5590
Our Adco cover tore at each of the water spouts on the corners of the trailer. A couple of the straps also came loose from the cover. Called Adco and within a week we had a new cover sitting on our porch. Nice people to do business with.
JimnJulie is offline   Reply With Quote