Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2003, 10:24 AM   #1
Montana_371
Established Member

M.O.C. #371
Waterleak Garden Shower

We purchased a Montana Big Sky 3670 RL. Found that the bath tub area was leaking into the storage compartment. I took the tube side panel off (the one closest to the stairs) and saw that the leak was in the faucet area. It seemed the the facet base was not sealed. After removing the faucet and trying to seal the faucet base I found out the the leak was coming from water being splashed onto the faucet and water build up on the back of the tub base and going down the threads of the faucet and leaking onto the floor and running down into the storage compartment VIA heater duct. The Fix was taking off all the caulking I put on the base (mounting) of the faucet and going to Home Depot and purchasing 2 large rubber washers and forced them onto the threaded water inlet on both the hot and cold water and securing the faucet with the plastic nuts that screw onto the water inlets and tighten the faucet to the tub. The big rubber washer seals the water from going down the mounting holes and seals the threads from acting as wicks to route the water through. After seeing this I can not have the only one that this has happened to. This is a great fix. Even with standing water at the base of the faucet. This faucet was designed for VERT mounting and not HORZ as they have it. I hope that this helps. Take Care Roy

Montana_371 is offline   Reply With Quote