Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
TexasTraveler
Established Member

M.O.C. #7892
And One More Shakedown Cruise

Hi Everyone,

My "handle" is TexasTraveler and DW and I have recently traded in our one year old Keystone VR-1 on a 2007 Montana 3475RL.

We enjoyed the VR-1 and it was a nearly flawless tt. Our last trip was two months long and we decided more leg and elbow room was going to be necessary. So, off to our favorite dealer.

We looked at most of the 2008 Montanas but kept going back to a 2007 because we liked the layout, colors and the deal the dealer was willing to make on it.

Picked it up right before Thanksgiving and took it to a nearby lake for the annual Family and Friends Thanksgiving Campout and a shakedown cruise.

I've just read what Joe-n-Doe has posted and our experience with the Montana paralells theirs, so I won't bore you with all the details, but we also experienced a problem with one day/night window shade (the large one at the rear) that refuses to raise. I don't consider this much for a new rig and I know the dealer will fix it.

We did use the furnace and it worked fine and we did add a topper to the bed. The central vacuum REALLY works!!!

Joe-n-Doe's comment "In comparison to our TT, hitching and un-hitching is much easier, less labor intensive, and cleaner. No more need to stop by the bathhouse on the way out to shower." He is soooo right!!!

We had a great Thanksgiving and are pleased with the shakedown cruise. We'll be leaving East Texas early in January to be in Tucson for the Rock and Gem Show. Plan to be there a month then down to south Texas to try and stay warm.

TexasTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Ron and Lynda, Welcome to the best darned forum on the www. I have been fulltiming for 6 months and love our Montana, yea a few problems, but nothing serious except the Mission tires which I had replaced and paid for by Tireco, the Mission tire warrantee. If you are in Tucson during the 4-10 of April, we are having our Spring rally at Voyager RV park. I think a great time will be had by all. Check it out at the MOC Rally section....See you on the road......

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:51 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Great report. Glad your Thanksgiving was enhanced by the new Montana. Congratulations on the move up the food chain.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:15 AM   #4
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
Hi Ron and Lynda...Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear your shakedown went so well. DW told me this morning she wants to pick up Monty tomorrow and spend a few days or more at Crooked River State Park in Kingsland, GA. She's sooooo hooked!
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote