Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #1
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
Almost a proud new owner.

We took my Mom (92 years young) to the NorCal Sport, Boat, and RV show this last weekend in Redding, CA and she left with her order for a new 2007 Montana 3075rl. This weekend we are going to go shopping for the new Dodge 3500 Megacab to tow it with.

Hopefully I will be retired this next year and we, my sis, and I can start touring.

Last summer we took Mom, the Dodge Durano, our tent trailer, and kayaks to Vancouver Island in BC for two weeks of camping. Mom even got out in one of the kayaks for about an hour.

Unfortunately when we got home Mom had a small stroke, so no more driving, or going on cruises by herself hence the new truck and 5th wheel. Mom is really looking forward to some trips around the US.

One question I have not found the answer to is what size brakes does this unit have.

My Sis and I have been and still are a part of the PT Cruiser world with our newest being an '05 GT ragtop.

Well have to get back to work for now.

Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Welcome to the MOC forum Capt Kidd. We bought our 3075 last May and are really pleased with it. If you have any questions, this is the place to find answers
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:02 PM   #3
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Capt Kidd, welcome to the forum. To answer your question, the 3075 I believe has the 16 inch wheels with electric brakes. I have the 3400 and on a pull test from 25 mph the trailer brakes alone stopped us just as fast as the truck brakes. With the electric brake controller you can lock the wheels up on them and it will stop you quicker than you think.
This is just my opinion and I am sure there will be others along with some more technical reasons cause that is what this forum is good for - to get answers.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:48 AM   #4
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Capt Kidd,

We probably bumped into each other at the RV show going in & out of all the Montanas on display. You're not that far away from us, so maybe we'll catch you out with new pull toy sometime.

Don
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote