Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2005, 06:53 PM   #1
Starchmill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2070
Send a message via AIM to Starchmill
Mountaineer 335rlbs water pump location

Can anyone tell me where my water pump is? It sounds like it is under the stove, but if so, how do you access it? From the panel uner the stove??? And do they automatically come with the adaptor so you can winterize easily? ( I can't think of the name of the thing). Anyway, thanks in advance.

Starchmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:40 PM   #2
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Starchmill

Can anyone tell me where my water pump is? It sounds like it is under the stove, but if so, how do you access it? From the panel uner the stove??? And do they automatically come with the adaptor so you can winterize easily? ( I can't think of the name of the thing). Anyway, thanks in advance.
It is. You can get access by pulling the drawers an then reaching over from under the sink.
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:59 AM   #3
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
That easy winterizing thingy is probably a water heater bypass valve and it's at the water heater rather than the pump. Yours probably came with one - it's just a hose and a valve which allows the water to go around the water heater rather than through it so you don't have to use so much antifreeze and so you can drain the heater for the winter if you like.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:08 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
If it's like the Montana then it has the bypass valve VanMan described and also has a clear hose off the water pump. At one end of that hose is a valve. Turn that valve so input to the pump comes from the clear hose. Put the hose in a bottle of antifreeze, turn on the pump, open the faucet farthest from the pump. When the pink flows, turn that one off and do the other (cold or hot). Then work your way towards the pump. I'm not sure it's necessary to start with the farthest but that's how I was taught.

Don't forget to pour a little antifreeze down each trap including the shower drain. And pour a little in the toilet bowl so the seal doesn't dry out.

If you have the outside shower, don't forget to treat it like any other faucet.

Last, on your city water inlet connection, remove the screen and push the little white pin to release water under pressure in that valve. You shouldn't have to watch for pink there, just get rid of that water under pressure before it freezes and ruins that valve.

It's also a good idea to drain the lines at the low point valves under the trailer before starting the winterizing, just to get as much water out of the system as you can. Maybe that's not really necessary but it always made me more comfortable.

If you have a washer/dryer, check the manual for the procedure.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote