Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2013, 05:55 AM   #1
Dontana
Established Member

M.O.C. #12608
Winterize

First winterizing today and took info from this forum about the antifreeze method, which I have used with other less complex units over the past twenty years.

Everything is going fine using the usual routine; sinks, shower, toilet, and washer connection (no washer), pink stuff is flowing. When I get to the last couple of steps, I'm having some issues. Again, I've taken the info from the MOC and the author's advice is a bit confusing.

First, I have the outside shower in the UAC, but nothing comes out when I turn the handles, plus the pump just keeps running. It wasn't like this for all of the other faucets and everything flowed as expected. In other words, why doesn't the pink stuff come out of the shower in the UAC like it did at all of the other outlets?

Two, the author states to "Connect a short hose from the outside faucet to black water flush valve and run until you hear flusher." My question is, what faucet? This statement makes no sense and conflicts with the manual and Keystone video which states either blow out this line with compressed air under 30 psi or use a hand pump to inject antifreeze into line (see your dealer for the pump).

Lastly, reading from the same author, it is stated to "Connect a short hose from the outside faucet to street water inlet and turn convenience center valve to fill and flow for a few minutes." Again, what faucet and this statement makes no sense to me, either?

In summary, can anybody help me to finish the task with the outside shower issue, black water system, and street water inlet. Waiting to hear, with garden hose in hand.

Dontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:06 AM   #2
Dontana
Established Member

M.O.C. #12608
Solved the shower issue, the valve was stuck. But the other two things remain confusing?
Old 10-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #3
Dontana
Established Member

M.O.C. #12608
Well, now that the shower outlet is functioning, I will use the small blue hose from the shower to connect to the previously mentioned inlets and spray antifreeze into those as the author suggested. Thanks for those who reviewed this post and I consider my issues to be resolved.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
By outside faucet it means the outside shower outlet. By connecting a hose from the shower to the black tank flush inlet you can pump antifreeze thru the flush line to winterized it.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
worknomore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2216
Same goes for the fast fill line for the fresh water tank - flip the valve to 'fill' & pump till you get antifreeze coming out the fresh tank drain.

As an added precaution, after pumping the pink stuff thru everything & shutting off the pump, I open the hot/cold faucets to allow for expansion. The pink stuff turns to a slush/gel at or below 0 deg. which may increase line pressure in already pressurized lines... FWIW
worknomore is offline   Reply With Quote