Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Sometimes Pet Ownership SUX( update)

Murphy's bad knee went south in a bad way this last week. We took her to the vet today and they did 480.00 worth of xrays and told us we could cut off the bad leg but that the good knee has got arthritis in it too so it may be better to put her down. We have been thinking about this for the last year since they did the 3300.00 TPLO surgery which did not work. We hoped the new drug trial this spring would work, it did for a week or so but things have been just going down hill for the last few weeks. She is still sleeping off the reversible sedative they gave her and won't drink or eat anything. She is squeaking which she NEVER does. She has always been very stoic and sort of aloof to her pain but not is vocalizing it. We can't handle her hurting like this and if it doesn't get better by tomorrow then we will have to put her down before Monday because her quality of life is crap at the moment. We thought we might not be bringing her home with us when we left last fall but at the time it was just talk. Now we are down to the wire and it never gets easier. Since Betsy and I have been together we have had to put down two dogs and one cat. I also found my last yellow lab just after he was hit and killed by a neighbor on an icy road. I keep swearing that I won't get another but here we are with two, soon to be one large labs. I have had pet skunks (descented), ferrets, sugar gliders and dogs and it hurts like hell every time one dies or has to be put down. I know exactly how Tammy and Bernie feel right now as I have been there many times and it never gets easier. Murphy has always been a physical dog, head buts and hugs were more important to her than kisses. Gonna miss her. Beau is the kissy snuggle dog. I really do not want another dog at the moment. Maybe in a year or after we get home but maybe not. Betsy has said since we got this new rig that when the dogs are gone we won't get any more till we move back to sticks and bricks. I guess that tomorrow will tell... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote