Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2018, 08:26 AM   #1
KevinLV
Established Member

M.O.C. #22185
Ice Maker Valve

Anyone know where the ice maker valve is on a Montana HC 375FL? Can't seem to find it in my unit.

Thanks,
Kevin

KevinLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:35 AM   #2
Twopetes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17535
We have a 353 RL. There are two valves on ours. One is under the sink coming off of the cold water line to the sink. I found a second valve in the cabinet right next to the frig. I have to be on the floor to see it way in the back of the cabinet.

There is also a drain valve right in the center of the bottom (underneath the camper) between the axles, This is the winter drain.

And just as a note (because I did this) make sure you have the ice maker switch in the frig in the right mode. I have the little picture of ice and when it is lite, it says "NO ICE". Sure seems backwards to me!!

Good luck!
Retired and Lovin’ it!
Twopetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:48 PM   #3
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLV View Post
Anyone know where the ice maker valve is on a Montana HC 375FL? Can't seem to find it in my unit.

Thanks,
Kevin
If it is a new unit & it was winterized disconnect the line below the fridge & purge out the antifreeze first. We have a 381th & a second valve was on the floor next to the fridge behind a black plastic cover.
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 06:22 PM   #4
STIHLNTIME
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21339
I don’t know if they have a standard location,lol. I found ours behind a panel I had to remove at the back of the cabinet next to the fridge. Had to remove drawer to have enough room to get panel out. Also had the one under the sink. Ours had a crushed compression ring in the fitting and leaked like a sieve, replaced the brass one with plastic and no more leaks.
Sailun 637 tires Predator 3500 (2) paralleled
STIHLNTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:23 AM   #5
KevinLV
Established Member

M.O.C. #22185
Thanks for the help. Found the two valves. One is under the sink while the other is behind a black plate near the refrigerator. Still haven’t successfully made ice. Hopefully there will be some when I get home from work today
Old 07-21-2018, 12:57 PM   #6
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLV View Post
Thanks for the help. Found the two valves. One is under the sink while the other is behind a black plate near the refrigerator. Still haven’t successfully made ice. Hopefully there will be some when I get home from work today
Did you ever get ice? There is a small square button under the i/m that if you press it and hold a few seconds will force a cycle. If you listen close, you will hear the i/m fill valve cycle for several seconds a minute into the cycle.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:17 PM   #7
KevinLV
Established Member

M.O.C. #22185
I did. Just needed to get the right combination of valve positions. Turns out the under sink was already on while the other was off. Just tried a few different combos and eventually made some ice.