Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2017, 12:21 PM   #1
D2IKType
Established Member

M.O.C. #13220
"Good buy and thanks for the fish."

A 2011 3455SA is on the market. Seven years ago Viet-Nam caught up with me. Pushed back and got about three good years. In 2015 it showed up again in a different guise. This time, the push back is not working too well. We are getting rid of toys; the boat is already gone. We had one last fling in 2016 through New England - Saratoga in July for the races through Vermont, New Hampshire and Mass. for Tanglewood in August. The plan was to the northern border states out and the Canadian Provinces back this year. Neither that nor the Canadian Maritines and the balance of New England next year will be happening.
I have not participated much other than to ask for information but I do feel the kinship. I thank you all; without knowing, you have helped me maintain a good rig. I see that the site has changed since my last visit so I was unable to find a proper place for this message.
Again thank you all for coming together and creating this place.

Jorge J Ibanez-Delgado, Poughkeepsie, NY
also
"DET8 8WEARON" Detachment 8 8th Weather Sqdn AWS USAF
"DET33 3WEARON" Detachment 3 3rd Weather Sqdn AWS USAF
"TASOS18ROCKAWAY" Treasury Air Security Officer School 18th Session (JFK)
"D2IKTYPE" Damned if I know type

D2IKType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:45 PM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Good luck to you.
I talked to a guy several years ago that was in Vietnam. He was the last one in his company that was still alive. All the rest had passed from, drinking and having agent orange 245D sprayed on them.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:40 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
We too have several friends from Vietnam with similar issues. I am so sorry to hear of another one.

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything.

Carl n Susan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:04 PM   #4
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
I am only survivor of my team
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:23 PM   #5
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
May the world be kinder to you in the future jorge.
jcurtis934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #6
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Sorry to hear you have to give up the "toys". Sooner or later it happens to the best of us. Sounds like you enjoyed them while you had them.
We wish you the absolute best of luck in your future adventures.
J&B
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:49 PM   #7
Grzly03
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19585
Send a message via AIM to Grzly03 Send a message via MSN to Grzly03
Jorge, were you exposed to Agent Orange?
Grzly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:18 AM   #8
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Jorge, we will keep you in our thoughts as you push forward. VN is the war that is still taking it's toll in large numbers everyday. So far cancers related to Agent O has taken two of my family members. My remaining brother-in-law and I were over there last and so far so good, except he was hit early in his tour and lost both legs above the knees.

Good luck in this current battle my friend. Let us know how things are going.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:55 PM   #9
D2IKType
Established Member

M.O.C. #13220
Thank you one and all for your kind wishes. I worked the profile for 2 tours - outside, at night, no wind, spraying around us. I am the second guy in our AFSC that I know of. The other had no outward symptoms until it was too late. He passed within six months. I did not show symptoms until a year later but I had been checking. This is my second round. I was in the 5th year of the 1st reprieve - looking to see a second. Treatment has been on-going with modifications for almost two years now.
If you did not notice "Good buy and thanks....) is a play on words to "Good Bye and Thanks for the Fish." The latter is the title to BOOK 4 of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy trilogy." I find that the only way to get through this is to laugh and make others laugh. There is no use in crying; I have had a good, fulfilling life. My sorrow is for all the very young men who served alongside and did not make it home and for all the men returning now. Disfigured, maimed and in pain, they try to resume their civilian lives and try to overcome their plight.
Though it may prove difficult, I wish laughter for them as well.

Again, Thank you
Jorge
Old 05-09-2017, 06:24 PM   #10
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We owed, owe these guys better a lot than they got then and are getting now.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:30 AM   #11
Firsterin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17571
Dang. I'm sorry that Viet Nam has caught up with you again. We wish you good luck, Jorge. Thank you for your service.
Firsterin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:05 PM   #12
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
My utmost respect for you sir, and all of our military personnel. A "Thank you" that comes from the heart.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:05 PM   #13
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
My very best to you, sir! My service in those dark days did not land me in Nam, but I knew a lot who went over, and a lot that never came back. And we used to get the medivac flights stopping in Elmendorf AFB, AK on their way back from SEA. The kids getting off those planes for the first time back on US soil,it was a gut wrencher. And I remember getting spit at if I went to town in uniform in northern California. At least we are treating the vets from the latest war with more respect. Live your life to the fullest, from this point on!
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:22 AM   #14
D2IKType
Established Member

M.O.C. #13220
Still here. I have continued to read the forum postings and see that MOC is very much alive and well. I also noted that the same "problems and difficulties" continue to crop up - especially for new owners. But fear not; it seems that there is always a member with a solution or a cohort that figures out a new one. The little beggar is playing games again. It was well into remission so we headed for Florida to pick up a new bus. Then, Maria happened. So, we went looking for a rental for my mother and sister to get them out of Puerto Rico. That turned out to be uneconomical so we bought a house instead. Not needing the big rig anymore, we decided to trade for a Tiffin Class C. A few days before we were to take delivery, the little beggar showed itself again. We cancelled the purchase and sold the rig outright to a dealer ($13K).

I almost expected something like this. This trip started with problems. We had a tire blow out (one of the 2014 replacements) as we got to Georgia. While waiting for road service we noticed that a tire on my wife's car had gone flat as well. State Farm's Road Ranger swapped out the spares and we drove to a garage at the next exit for new tires.
I was receiving maintenance and preventive treatment at Moffitt when the re-progression was noted. A quick return home and a consultation at Mass General corrected a misdiagnosis and avoided radical treatment. Just finished radiation treatment which seems to have stopped the disease for now. We are now at "watch and see". Since we now have a winter home, the plan is to get a small travel trailer for summer and see as much of North America as we can before all the borders are closed and we all need travel papers for domestic travel.
Enjoy your travels and Peace be with you.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:34 AM   #15
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Blessings to you. As a survival of the Vietnam curse (Agent Orange) my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Be good to yourself and live life to the fullest.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:48 AM   #16
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
We will all get together for a drink one day, Jorge, in a place where angels play reveille and the pipes & drums sing us to sleep.
awheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:01 PM   #17
CarolD
Established Member

M.O.C. #22008
I THANK YOU and all the other Vets here for your service. Please keep an eye on here as someday I may need help and you will have the answer! God Bless You!
CarolD is offline   Reply With Quote