Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #21
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Tom,
We did the same thing, went to a 2008 MH from a 3400RL. Earlene misses the heck out of the 3400RL, but it is because of the kitchen counter space she had to give up. Now, we have the King bed and I wish I had a Queen. We have the 32 or some where there or bigger tv in the center of the coach. All the comforts of home and pushing 3 buttons to get set up is great for my back.

As for pulling a TOAD, you won't even know it's behind you, but that's the problem. My backup camera is on all the time and I tie a white cloth at the top of the steering wheel in the TOAD to watch what it is doing.

As for backing up - never, never do it with the TOAD attached. You will break something in the front end if you do. It would require an expert in counter steering to back up connected.

Send me a PM if you are interested in a couple forums with information, not quite like the information you can get on this forum for Montana's, but still interesting. This forum is great for the camaraderie and expert advice one can receive. There is a lot of general information that can be shared.

Good luck. Happy trails.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #22
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Steve,

Figured you would be along. Yes I have your address. You and Vicki can stop by anytime. I'll just back the MH into the back and you can have the front. I always wondered if I could have backed a 3400 into here. And yes, I did get great service out of the Monty. Never missed a planned trip. I almost didn't trade it and just kept it in the back yard so I could work on it.

Wayne,

Sent you a PM. The lots are full of 2008s out there ripe for the picking. Very few 2009s. Great bargins. Almost bought a new HR vacationer DP for 100k. So many choices. But I just couldn't justify the money this late in our life. So many older people buy the big rigs then have to sell in a couple of years. Besides I have improvements to the house to make while prices are down. One thing I like about this older one is when the airbags are dumped the usit is still high versus the new one go close to the ground. So I can get in under and perform maintenance without worry of the home falling on me. Love that feature. Love that 12mpg. Love the money left over to put into the house.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote