Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2008, 07:17 AM   #1
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Why is that semi flashing it's lights?

Dano is now officially a truck driver!!
The Dodge dually & the Monty now seem so small to him!!
So if anyone notices a Swift truck flashing it's lights....

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
sunshineduo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8513
lol. the truckers routinely flashed at me when clear to change lanes. I felt special
sunshineduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:52 PM   #3
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Yes...and we flash them to let them know they are clear of us to re-enter right lane.
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Well, on my trip from Las Cruces to Tuscon I kept looking for swift trucks. Saw a few going in the same direction as me but there was no way to know if it was DANO or not. He needs to put a big MOC sign on the back and front.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Lisa, Does Dano have a regular route or does he go where the load needs to go? Would love to see him again maybe in a rest area?
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:15 AM   #6
The Wind
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4200
Lisa, I too am a truck driver for Schneider. I live and drive in Florida and now into Georgia on a dedicated route for Sysco Foods. We have orange tractors and pull white trailers. I too try to "flash" my lights when I see a Montana. When I stop at a rest area and see a Montana, I start a conversation with the owners and ask them if they know about MOC. It is a different world in a big truck. Never knew how bad drivers are till I started to drive a semi. My eyes have opened up a lot to the drivers. Hope he has safe trips and fun times.
The Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:12 AM   #7
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Dano got his own truck on Tuesday. They tried to give him a really old one & he refused it!
He ended getting a 2007 Volvo, in really good condition and only 220,000 miles on it!
That's about as new as you can get for a rookie! So far, he has had a great experience.
Naturally, I want to be with him, but we can't have everything we want.

He stayed his first night at the terminal in Atlanta. His first run was up to Greenville, TN.
He is now on his way to Phoenix, AZ. They might keep out in the southwest for a couple of weeks or so.
I told him he might as well, because the rest of the country is either in rain or snow!

Hugh, I know he would love to see you as well. And any other MOCers out there!
Right now, there is nothing regular-just going where he's needed.
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #8
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Lisa,you need to get your CDL and than you can be with Dano driving as a team.
I know a lot of couples out there seeing the country and getting paid for it..
I myself hauled doubles,triples and 53's driving for FedEx Express for 20 years.
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #9
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
Lisa I to drive a big truck and flash at all montana's I know one day I'll meet a member out here on the road I to chat with all monty owners I see along the way I wish the best for Dano and can only offer this advice to a new driver take his time watch all directions and only take the loads and routes he feels he can handle safely untill he gets a few miles behind him don't be afraid to pull over and rest if need be no load is worth taking a chance on I hope to meet up with him out here one day if he gets out to calif or nevada good chance I'll see him maybe stop and have a cup if so just pm me and I'll give you my cell number if he needs any help with anything out here let me know I'll give him a hand I to was a rookie once and a friend out here is good to have. Now I've been out here for 30 plus years tell him good luck and he has a friend if needed .Tim
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote