Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2008, 02:28 AM   #1
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Thank You Fellow MOCers!

Like many others with the 3400RL, when we had heavy rains we had pretty good leaks under the refrigerator and cabinet next to it. After soaking up the excess water with every towel in the rig, it would take hours to dry the areas out using a small desk fan. In September Dave purchased everything he needed to make the repairs to the refrigerator vents on the outside, using the photos posted by Waynem. Well, we now know that Dave did a great job because this past Friday night, we had 2.5 inches of rain here in Foley, AL, and the inside was DRY!!!!! Needless to say, we are very happy campers! So once again, thank you Fellow MOCers for sharing your wisdom (and your wit)!

CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:39 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
You are welcome, but I only provided the pictures and instructions of my installation fix. My CRS has kicked in and I cannot remember who told me about the fix originally. So to them - thank you.

You are right though - it is a MOC thing.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:10 AM   #3
Freeda II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7813
Funny I should be reading this. We have our 2008 3400RL now in for warranty work. We also had a leak under the cabinet beside the fridge. The dealer said that they had to replace the window which was not installed correctly. So hopefully that will resolve our leak. Where is the posting from Waynam in regards to how to do the repairs to the fridge vent just in case we still have a leak.
Freeda II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:21 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Freeda II,

Here is the LINK

Also search for "drain tube," as Slick Willie had a post on replacing it. Since you may be in there with the fix I posted you may as well replace the drain tube and save some frustration later.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote