Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
Montana_3017

M.O.C. #3017
Looking for San Jose, Calif. members

Trying to find a club to join in San Jose area, south bay. Just purchased 2005 2955RL. Rather new at this RVing.

Montana_3017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 01:08 PM   #2
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Lou & Marilyn,
Welcome to the MOC forum. We are not from the San Jose area, but am sure someone will pop in here and let you know of any activities for MOC members in their area. Congrats on your new Montana.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 04:13 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Lou & Marilyn, welcome aboard! The Montana Owners Club is an international group but we hope you'll stick around. Some of our members have recently been forming smaller groups to have get togethers, etc. One of those plans a get together in May, up around Mt. Shasta. Click on this link and it should take you to the information about that.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5965
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Great to have you on the Forum. You will find that there is very helpful information available as far away as Canada, Texas and Florida and anywhere MOC members pull Monties. I read with great interest posts from all over to glean valuable information about keeping my Montana in top flight condition. Hoping you enjoy your great new adventure.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:05 PM   #5
Montana_2182

M.O.C. #2182
Hi neighbor! My husband and I just moved from San Leandro to Castro Valley. We bought a 2005 3295RK a couple of months ago. Hope to meet you sometime soon. We're also still learning the ropes. This is a great site though, I've learned a lot just browsing.

Marti and Don Phariss
and the four fuzzbuts
Montana_2182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:24 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Grooving Grandpa, I see in your profile you plan to take I-90 into South Dakota, then on to Indiana and somewhere-else-i-already-forgot. You asked there for sightseeing suggestions.

First, may I suggest you post your question about sightseeing suggestions? More people will see it that way. The General Discussion/General section would be a good place.

Second, may I highly recommend that if you're not in a super big hurry that you avoid the interstate and take US highways instead. They're generally a lot more relaxed in travel, often are better roads, are usually more scenic. If you're on a time schedule, then the interstate may well be your best choice.

The Black Hills was a terrific place to visit for us. Yosemite was awesome. We plan this next summer to visit Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, and Glacier National Park. There are many places along your general route to visit. If you have some time, click on the "Our RV Travels" link in my signature below. Vicki has lots of pictures and narratives about the places we've been. I've tried to make the links descriptive of where we were, so you can maybe select those along your intended route to see if it's somewhere you'd like to visit.

Please don't hesitate to post your questions. The people in this forum are super and I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:46 AM   #7
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Glad to have you as a member of the Forum. You'll find everyone is helpful and there's a good exchange of information. All you have to do is ask a question and you'll get lots of good answers.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 05:02 AM   #8
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Grooving grandpa,

I previously lived in San Jose, and I'm sure you'll find some other Montana owners there.

I'll second Steve's suggestion about posting another message for travel suggestions. However, I'll go ahead and suggest you spend some time - at least a week - in the Rapid City/Black Hills area of South Dakota. Hart Ranch is my home base, and I love it. You can stay there if you're a member of RPI (Resort Parks Int'l) or Coast-to-Coast, or they offer 3 nights for $39.95. Visit Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, Crazy Horse Monument, historic places like Lead and Deadwood, etc. Spring and Summer weather is usually very nice - I'm planning to be at Hart Ranch most of July-August and possibly September. Let me know if you're in the area.

Best wishes and enjoy your new Monty!
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 09:36 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
If I may add something about the Crazy Horse Monument that we discovered this past June -- Normally for $9 or $10 (forgot) per person you can go to the Visitor Center and Museum. And you can view the monument from the VC but it's roughly a mile away and looks like this. That's the monument in the distant center.

But, the first full weekend of June they have a Volksmarch. It's a walk for charity and is 10 kilometers, 6.2 miles through the woods up and down hills. Not too bad but when I did this walk it was a rather hot and humid day. But worth every drop of sweat because on this walk you end up on the arm of the Crazy Horse monument itself! I put my hand on "his' chin and had my picture taken standing in front of it. It's truly an experience worth the effort if you are able to do the walk. When you leave the "arm" you walk back down the road to the VC. Total distance is 10km / 6.2 miles. The entrance fee for that weekend is either 2 or 3 cans of food plus two or three dollars.

Also worth seeing in the Black Hills are Spearfish Canyon Drive and Deadwood. If you go to Deadwood, be sure to go to the cemetery to see Wild Bill Hickock's grave and that of Calamity Jane, which is next to "Bill's" grave.

If you want to see some of the things to see in the Black Hills, go to this link
http://www.geocities.com/stevereigle
click on 2004 Postcards, then scroll down. The Black Hills postcards are the July 1, 2004 through July 29, 2004 postcards. We were there in June but the postcards were published in July.