Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2007, 04:10 AM   #1
Hagar

M.O.C. #6093
The Move is over...the Search is back ON.

Hello Again! David and I have not posted a message since attending the Fall Rally. We'd driven 1400 miles round trip in 4 days with the dog in the Lance truck camper to attend the Rally and were very glad we did. We met wonderful people, saw every Montana floorplan and how folks had modified them and went on the grand factory tour. (The Mennonite Relief Sale going on there was a bonus. Who knew something as gross sounding /looking as "head cheese" could be so delicious??). Anyway, after the Rally we really got busy. I went on the road 5 days a week for the grand finale of my job while David finished the new house and started to moved our household from Delaware to Indiana. What an ordeal! It took 4 trips to move a bunch of junk we don't really need. Good thing we have a barn. Two weeks ago with the last load, David’s 4 x 4 truck hauling the car trailer carrying the hot tub got stuck in the mud in the Indiana back yard right before it snowed and froze. Thank goodness for our neighbor who pulled out the truck and trailer with his tractor. The hottub had to stay out in the yard on a sheet of plywood. A week later after it was good and frozen the neighbor came back with a fork lift. With that on one end, 2 guys lifting the other, and my daughter and I sitting on top to balance the weight we got the tub moved the last 40 feet. That was fun. Luckily it still works. So, now we’re living on 9 acres in a mostly finished 4 bedroom home with 3 of our grown children. Our grandkids, bless their sweet toddler hearts, love to spend time at PopPop and Ma-Debbie’s house. Needless to say, the Montana search is ON AGAIN as we are more than ready for some "West and Wewaxation, AT WAST". 3475RL or 3500RL - THAT is the question. We’re going to look for a used model first (I’ll post on the Wanted section of this forum) but if nothing sweet comes along we’ll place our order or buy off a lot somewhere. Please let me say that this forum has been extremely helpful. Thank you very much and I hope to see some of you at the Fall Rally. California here we come! - - - David and Deborah

Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:00 AM   #2
GlobalDouglas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6376
WOW! I'm exhusted just reading about all the work and moving!!!! You are right, this is an "extremely helpful" site with wonderful people. Best of luck on your Monty search!!!
GlobalDouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
9 Acres..... sounds great, put a nice fish pond in the back yard and you'll never have to move your new Monty .
Good luck finding your new unit.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Good luck..how about putting a few RV pads on those 9 acres and you can sponsor a Mini Rally???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:55 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
David and Deborah, so good to hear that things have moved along so that you were able to make your move. It must be wonderful to be so close to the grandchildren. Guess you won't have any trouble attending the Fall Rally in the future!

Thanks for the update and happy hunting.....for your Montana, that is.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote