Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2007, 08:23 AM   #1
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
quitting work

I (Jan) turned in my resignation from my job today. It is the hardest thing I have ever had to do as I loved my job and the people I worked for (and the Perks) but since Paul is retired he is wanting to do some travel and 3 weeks of vacation a year just isn't enough. I have been thinking about doing this several months to make sure it is really what I wanted to do......so my last day is April 27th. I have been watching other similar postings (actually they helped encourage me) and I don't see anyone regret what they did so I hope I don't either.

jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Jan,
I don't think you will regret it. It is hard to leave friends and a job you love but think of the new friends you will meet. Also you will love the job called "Retirement". I had been a severe workaholic all my life and was scared I would go nuts being retired but I haven't. (So says me!LOL)
Happy trails.................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:14 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Retirement will be the best job you've ever had! And one of the busiest. That's hard to believe until you've tried it. We've had more fun during the past two years than almost any other time of our lives. You can be as busy as you want to be and do what you want to do. Can't be beat!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
Sharon and I agree with Judy, retirement will be the BEST job you've ever had! We are really free now and boy do we love it!
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:04 AM   #5
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
Congratulations Jan!!
I don't think you'll regret it either. The most common remark I hear people say who've been retired for awhile is they don't know how they ever had time to work. It seems your time gets filled up pretty quickly but it's with all the things you choose to do.
Let us know when you want to point that rig south and we'll meet for a weekend. Your first new job can be to "train" us on our 298RLS!
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #6
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Jan, Congratulations on your new job! I think you will find you made the right choice.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:04 PM   #7
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
I guess my first job will be to go to Virginia in May and return home by way of Branson for the get together. that will be a good test of being away from home for more than a week or so.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:03 PM   #8
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Welcome to the "Don't Have to Go to Work" Club! YEEEE! Congratulations! My last day of work was last Friday. I felt really weird this past Monday, but now it's been a week not working and I can definetly live without working again (for a living). Down the road, who knows, I might get a camphost or similar job for 2-3 months for fun and to meet folks but not a 8-5 Mon-Fri. But for now, I'll take one day at a time and enjoy my "free time" for a change. You deserve and you will not regret it, I definetly haven't and I won't in the future. But for sure, things will seem weird, and you'll miss your co-workers initially, but it will all wear off in a matter of time, as your day-to-day plans and activities will change. Again, Congratulations and Good Luck with your future endeavors! I hope to see you Branson! Allison
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #9
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Jan I am happy for you. I hope you and Paul have many years of good travels as part of your new career.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #10
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
People who retire without a plan for how to use their discressionary time are the ones who regret having done so. Sounds like you have a plan. You will do well.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:20 PM   #11
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Jan,

Quiting work was a biggy for me ONE YEAR AGO - life is good, very very good!

Jo-Anna
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:40 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I also had a job that I loved. I looked forward to going to my job every day ..But there is a time for everything and this is the time for yourself. In a very short time you will wonder way you thought it was so hard to do. retirement is the best job you have ever had.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:41 PM   #13
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Jan, I've been retired for two years this month. When I retired I thought it was going to be the "pits" not going to work everyday. I, too, loved what I did and the people I worked with.

Now, I do what I want, when I want. A word of caution, don't volunteer your retirement away. It's okay to volunteer, just don't infringe on "YOUR TIME", enjoy it while you can.

Look forward to meeting you and Paul in Branson. This will be our first big trip (Texas, Oklahoma, Branson & New York - about 6,000 miles)
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:28 PM   #14
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Congratulations on your promotion. Wish I was in your shoes, I am more than ready to hang up the daily grind of getting up this early and spending the whole day making someone else more money. I wish you the best in your travels and stay safe this summer.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote