Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Water leaks....

We had a storm around three weeks ago and I was not here during the time it hit. I got a call from Gina and was informed that there was water on the Computer Desk and some of the day night shades were wet. When I got home I called the dealer and was once again given the run around saying that this was normal. I then contacted Keystone and told them about the problem thinking it was with the windows. (Dual Pane) They gave me the number of the manufacturer of the windows. The manufacturer of the windows had their engineering dept. contact me and I now have their number for future contact if more problems.

All that said I have now discovered that I had some paperwork in the middle cabinet of the table/couch slide was soaked and starting to mold. I did not realize that this problem was inside of the cabinets. So now I am wondering if the windows were the problem after all, considering the windows are below the cabinets. Has anyone on the forum ever heard of this happening? If you have please post any and all solutions.

Another thing I have noticed with my slides is, everyone of them do not seat all the way out. There is 1/2 inch difference between the front of the slide and back, also top and bottom. All the slides are not fully extended on the rear side. Seems that the adjustment was wrong on every slide. I also noticed this on the inside of with the top being tight and the bottom 1/2 inch from being the same as the top. I have a long time until Monday just wondering if anyone else has information that they could share concerning thes issues.

We do fulltime in this home so if it is laid up for any amount of time it will be very hard.

Thanks for the help....

Tom N Gina

Remember the...........

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 03:50 PM   #2
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
Hi Tom, Sorry to hear about this. I dont have any answers for you. We have had a bunch of rain and wind storms here lately and I have noticed the inside of the window seals were wet. Nothing around my desk area though. My slides seam to be all level.
I hope tou are able to get a quick resolve
Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote