Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #1
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Lawsuit

Thor Motor Coach and a Texas RV dealer, Holiday World of Katy, are both parties to a lawsuit brought by a pair of disgruntled customers. Jerry and Nancy Jones say they bought a Thor Synergy in 2016, only to find it filled with “numerous defects” that “substantially impaired its use, value and safety.” They claim the rig has been back to the shop four times for fixes and still isn’t right. They ask for a cancellation of their contract, a refund of their payment, reimbursement for expenses, and more. The couple is represented by The Law Offices of Jeremy A. Williams PLLC in Houston.

awheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:12 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It would be g ood to follow this action.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:32 AM   #3
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
It would be g ood to follow this action.
Indeed. Since this is where we purchased our Monty and can verify this IS how this dealer operates we are very curious about the outcome.
awheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:24 PM   #4
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
As long as these companies can get by with poor quality and still make money they will continue to do so. They haven’t figured out they can make money with high quality and loyal customers. They live by the quarterly report.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
A bad dealer is usually a part of any bad RV experience story.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:56 PM   #6
Foodgod1
Established Member

M.O.C. #21586
If the gubmint can regulate and inspect how our home are built then maybe it's time they started a little oversight of this industry as well. I'm not about big gubmint. But I am about public safety and consumers not getting ripped off...
Foodgod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:25 PM   #7
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Likely they will reach some out of court agreement with a non disclosure clause and we will never know the outcome. Unless the claimant is asking for some huge number.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:59 PM   #8
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
A bad dealer is usually a part of any bad RV experience story.
But it starts at the factory...
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:57 AM   #9
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfb View Post
But it starts at the factory...
Roger that!
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:23 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Effective quality control can be very expensive both management and the workforce must be trained. Management implements quality control and the workforce complies. The RV industry is very competitive so I would doubt that any RV manufacturer would bear the cost of effective QC nor would the average RV purchaser in terms of additional cost.

We who tour any of the plants see the quality control. IMO the quality of the vendor provided materials is not the problem. Keystone only assembles the RV from vendor provided products . The quality of assembly is the issue. It is not the fault of the worker on the line. Management is responsible for the workers and any QC.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:17 AM   #11
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
I just yesterday received a very nice letter from Patrick Law Firm of Dallas, Tx. I live over 200 miles south of Dallas. His letter was a solicitation for services to go after my dealer if I've experienced issues like some have. He has apparently heard of the need for litigation concerning the poor service and help from dealers and manufacturers. Especially in Houston.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #12
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Yes I bett it was a very nice letter. I just don't trust a lawyer that is soliciting for clients.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:12 PM   #13
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemoore View Post
Yes I bett it was a very nice letter. I just don't trust a lawyer that is soliciting for clients.
I was hoping nobody wanted a copy since I've just shredded it
Old 07-21-2018, 12:37 PM   #14
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Just got my letter from Patrick Law Firm.P.C. We have had campers for over 20 years. This is the first time a lawyer has gone out trolling and contacted us. It could be the cost of the camper has made it worth their while.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:07 PM   #15
Petmoose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12532
I have had dealings with the Holiday World in Mesquite and would not recommend that branch due to the local manager....long story. Michael Peay, I believe he is the managing partner for Holiday World, offices at the Katy store and was very helpful in getting my ssues resolved. I would suggest talking to him and making sure he knows what transpired. It would be worth the effort before a lot of expensive attorneys get involved. I did not buy our Montana there but he helped me sell my late fathers motor home and was fair about it. I completely agree with some of the previous posts that quality should start in and be the responsibility of the factory. Interesting comment for our local factory rep at a recent RV show that there were only 2 people in the management team at Montana that actually camp. I would think that some practical experience would help eliminated a lot of the problems we see on the forum. I even think with some of the best practices, like specific wiring diagrams that minimize wiring runs, would save costs and offer predictable material use and costs plus lead to a better product. Ok ....I will just keep dreaming.
Petmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:26 PM   #16
Lcwl
Established Member

M.O.C. #22128
Hate to hear that you bought from Holiday world. I bought a Montana 2018 3121rl from Holiday World of Alvarado. They had it 114 days and I still have problems. In Texas you can file the Lemon Law without a lawyer. Waiting on outcome of hearing.
Lcwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:53 AM   #17
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
You can have a great dealer, with great after sales service that suddenly changes gears and becomes your worst nightmare due in part to the changing of staff. Very recently had the pleasure of witnessing this after 3 years of excellent after sales service.

Our experienced had been top notch, sent many people to the dealership to purchase from them, good prices & great service made them winners and a dealer I had no issue recommending to friends and acquaintances.

Made an appointment for black tank replacement/repair(2 month wait) but no issues as it was off season and not being used. Day came for appointment, unit dropped off and weeks later, multiple stories, parts that were in stock and suddenly were not in stock followed by we will have it ready this afternoon, drove 3 hrs and arrive to find it wasn't started.

Huge disagreement with new Service Management Staff, threats from the management and finally the service people complete the work despite manager telling them not too.

Multiple letters to the owners, no responses, charged twice the quoted pricing, paid and will never go back, now telling everyone not to go to the dealer.

Really not sure how it can go from best to worst in a few short months but that is the reality.

Will never purchase there again, too bad as service guys and parts guys are great, they all agreed the place has gone to hell in a hand basket since losing the old Service Management staff.

If it weren't for the extended warranty I would have fixed it myself for a fraction of the money and time. As it turned out the little job I was having done while there that I could have done turned from a $200 job into a $1400 job due to their incompetence... That doesn't include the fuel costs back and forth, the hotel room, food etc that ended up being required.

Live and learn..... just easier to do the work ourselves unless it is a major component...
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:18 AM   #18
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
This is a good example of a business personality. Any business or department takes on the personality of the person running it. When the new service manager took over the department took on his personality and that isn’t going to change until he leaves. And if the owner has a brain that will be soon.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:47 AM   #19
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
With thousands of new people coming into the market every year they don't really need that much repeat business. You go from a somebody before you buy to a nobody after you buy. The whole industry is rotten to the core. People work 30 or 40 years then retire and have all this frustration in there so called 'GOLDEN YEARS'. No need for this.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:23 AM   #20
Lcwl
Established Member

M.O.C. #22128
You got that right. I thought I left my headaches behind when I retired from work.
Lcwl is offline   Reply With Quote